Double Helix Cables Thread
Jul 20, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #781 of 2,056
  Guess I need to photograph packages before sending them.  It went to a freight forwarder and who knows what they did with it.  If it gets returned to sender I guess I'll know soon...

I have sent you mail after mail but there were instances when `I did not receive a reply for weeks. its not about the adapter its about the attitude towards a customer.

Jul 22, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #782 of 2,056
Thanks to a review by a fellow head-fier Steven R. Rochlin on DHC cables , I placed an order to get my Westone ES5 recabled with DHC symbiote fusion v2 iem cable last week. Now the waiting begins but what I have heard is worth it.. This will replace black dragon cable which IMO is also very good..can't wait to test it out with my Sony zx2

Aug 1, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #783 of 2,056
My 6-wire dhc fusion cable on se846 has sound occasionally cut-out on the left piece when I press to adjust, I think the eidolic MMCX connector may not be super fit. Wonder if anyone else have this minor problem.

Aug 5, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #787 of 2,056
The male MMCX plug is rarely at fault as it has little variance compared to the female jack on the IEM itself. It may be worth cleaning the jack and plug, or have me look at it.

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #789 of 2,056
I have actually tried the dhc cable with my SE535 and the result is the same as the 846 where sound on left piece cuts out when I press to adjust. It is probably manufacturing variation on the eudolic MMCX.

Aug 29, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #792 of 2,056
sorry tardy reply. Yes but thats relative by "benefit". There is physics of conductivity, resistance, and current path that over time will open up with usage. granted the cable itself is the biggest mod from stock imo.

Sep 12, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #793 of 2,056
Hi. I'm thinking of having my DHC cable (8-strand fusion) reterminated, from ALO/RSA to 1/4". 

I'm in Japan, and I know that if I send them in to Peter it will probably take a while given how busy he is, not to mention 2-way shipping. 

There is a headhphone shop here that will do it, too. I don't know what their quality is like. 

My question is....Is this an easy procedure that basically any qualified person can do? Am I taking risks by having someone else do the re-termination? If it's a delicate thing, then I'll send them to Peter to re-terminate, because quality comes first, but I don't want to take the time and expense for no reason if it's a simple thing like changing a tire. 

Thanks for any input. 

Sep 13, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #794 of 2,056
  Hi. I'm thinking of having my DHC cable (8-strand fusion) reterminated, from ALO/RSA to 1/4". 

I'm in Japan, and I know that if I send them in to Peter it will probably take a while given how busy he is, not to mention 2-way shipping. 

There is a headhphone shop here that will do it, too. I don't know what their quality is like. 

My question is....Is this an easy procedure that basically any qualified person can do? Am I taking risks by having someone else do the re-termination? If it's a delicate thing, then I'll send them to Peter to re-terminate, because quality comes first, but I don't want to take the time and expense for no reason if it's a simple thing like changing a tire. 

Thanks for any input. 

Seems like you may be able to have the correct DHC/Eidolic plug shipped to you (or other brand) from Peter, find out what kind of solder he uses, or just make sure the shop uses high quality solder, and have the termination done in Japan.  Any qualified tech shouldn't have too much of an issue.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Sep 13, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #795 of 2,056
Seems like you may be able to have the correct DHC/Eidolic plug shipped to you (or other brand) from Peter, find out what kind of solder he uses, or just make sure the shop uses high quality solder, and have the termination done in Japan.  Any qualified tech shouldn't have too much of an issue.

Thanks for the reply. I'm confused, though. Shouldn't any good-quality 1/4" plug work? Why would the plug itself have to be the correct brand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back