Double Helix Cables Thread
May 12, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #766 of 2,056
Nice. I just received my 8-strand Fusion for my Alpha Primes, and I didn't get the new splitter. Too bad. 

I am really pleased with the boost in sound, though. It's hard to pull apart actual differences form placebo, but I get the really distinct impression that 3D imaging has improved with the new cables. Do cables do this?  
smile.gif

May 12, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #767 of 2,056
  Nice. I just received my 8-strand Fusion for my Alpha Primes, and I didn't get the new splitter. Too bad. 

I am really pleased with the boost in sound, though. It's hard to pull apart actual differences form placebo, but I get the really distinct impression that 3D imaging has improved with the new cables. Do cables do this?  
smile.gif

It's, the 3D effect, probably due to the increased level of detail detail and separation these cables provide.  This, Comp4 copper, is the 4th set of cables I've had on my TH900's and they, by a wide margin, sound better with the Comp4 than anything else I've used and that includes the stock cables, Stefan AudioArt Endorphins and the Comp3 hybrids.  His Comp4 cables are just that good.

May 12, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #768 of 2,056

It's, the 3D effect, probably due to the increased level of detail detail and separation these cables provide.  This, Comp4 copper, is the 4th set of cables I've had on my TH900's and they, by a wide margin, sound better with the Comp4 than anything else I've used and that includes the stock cables, Stefan AudioArt Endorphins and the Comp3 hybrids.  His Comp4 cables are just that good.

I have the Molecule Extreme, and I ended up ordering a Comp4 as well, they are really a good combo as they sound different, but the Comp4 adds another level of engagement and micro-detail that I've never heard from a cable.  A/B'ing with stock or lesser cables makes me wonder why I hadn't "believed" in cables earlier.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
May 13, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #770 of 2,056

That was interesting...

Thanks Peter :)

Yes, really interesting!  What is the red wire for, GND or shield continuity?  They look like jumper cables with the clamps.

May 13, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #771 of 2,056
  Yes, really interesting!  What is the red wire for, GND or shield continuity?  They look like jumper cables with the clamps.

Its apparently GND...

Jun 11, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #772 of 2,056
Jun 12, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #774 of 2,056
LIES

I will say that he's the grandmaster maestro of cables and bat-**** crazy. I like crazy. No, really. ^^

Jul 1, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #776 of 2,056
Right, it's been a while and I have held back on a big secret...

Remember Michael Mercer with his prototype Molecule Elite Audeze EL8 DHC 4-wire Fusion cable that he used when reviewing the EL8 for EnjoytheMusic.com?
Well that cable was a prototype as the Zync connector's that Audeze use on the EL8 line were not available in the aftermarket area, nor where the schematics.

Even so, Peter from DHC has been working with Audeze regarding the Zync connector's, and wanted to use 3D printing to develop a commercial way of making such connector's available to his headphone cable series (Molecule predominantly; the Zync conncetor's are tuff to work with, so Comp4 and Spore lines are most likely unsuitable for the EL8 series).

Now, Peter and I are friends, and we often tall to each other. It had been a while since we spoke from last year but in May I decided to, as part of my birthday (late May), go out and get the Molecule Elite 4-wire Fusion silver/copper cable.
Peter, in his true awesomeness, decided to be a bit cheeky, and built and sent out my cable so that I could receive it BEFORE my birthday!
I've been on a gentleman's embargo about my cable  , but sneakily posted stuff on Twitter...he he he...

So, yes,...er...sorry to everyone else regarding that, or for waiting for their DHC EL8 cables... '^^

And yes, I do know of hidden projects and TOTL cables that Peter has been up to, and his most recent audio purchases. He makes me so envious... Oh, and sorry, can't tell you anything guys muhahahahaha :p

Anyway, the cables did indeed get to the UK, on my BIRTHDAY, but stuck at custom's. HMRC decided to slap on a hefty custom's charge, and ParcelForce were set to deliver it soon after. Even after paying the charge ParcelForce, in their infinite wisdom, decided that rather than delivering it to my address but to THE LOCAL POST OFFICE INSTEAD >_<
The Post Office in question was a 20 min drive but this was an unnecessary journey.

No matter, got the cable (first week of July), and this started my true addiction to Audeze and DHC... <3

Oh, btw, the DHC FB page had a pic of an Molecule Elite EL8 cable with a stainless steel Helix Y-splitter...that was MY cable! The splitter was to give my cable a steampunk look, and to better match my EL8's, and the Eidolic Rhodium 3.5mm termination (with a carbon/metal alloy barrel) was for use in both my iFi Audio Stereo 50 DAC/amp and CEntrance HiFi-M8 (for portable use).

Pic's below are of the original unboxing and thereafter. There are more pics over on my @TheOneInYellow, page so go have a look if you like! 

And here are my favourite pics!

As for sound, in a big 'ol summary, THEY ARE FAR, FAR BETTER THAN STOCK CABLES. Soundstage, dynamics, resolution, extension on low and high frequencies, holographic sonic picture, so on and so forth, are what you can expect to increase over the stock cable, and these changes are certainly not subtle.
The cable is also shorter, far more manageable, and very flexible.

I seriously wish I went for a full Silver version, or even go for the Molecule Extreme, but I am very happy with my Molecule Elite.

Anyway, hope you all enjoyed this!

^^

Jul 2, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #777 of 2,056
  As for sound, in a big 'ol summary, THEY ARE FAR, FAR BETTER THAN STOCK CABLES. Soundstage, dynamics, resolution, extension on low and high frequencies, holographic sonic picture, so on and so forth, are what you can expect to increase over the stock cable, and these changes are certainly not subtle.
The cable is also shorter, far more manageable, and very flexible.

Great. I'm still waiting mine. Hopefully it will be the next cable Peter delivers.

Jul 20, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #778 of 2,056
I wish to place on record my totally disappointing experience with Peter at DHC. I had bought a Shure iem cable from him couple of years back, which I sent to be modified to balanced + i need a Balanced to single ended TRRS adapter for HM -901. I had placed my order & sent in my cable  in Feb 2015. After repeated reminders he sent me the modified cable in May but forgot to include the adapter. I have lost count of the number of mails sent by me but till today I have yet to receive my adapter.

This kind of apathy towards a repeat customer is ..........

Jul 20, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #779 of 2,056
^^^^
Have you tried gchat or googletalk? Sometimes that can be faster and there's also a chance that his spam is catching your emails. doublehelixcables@gmail.com I believe

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jul 20, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #780 of 2,056
Guess I need to photograph packages before sending them.  It went to a freight forwarder and who knows what they did with it.  If it gets returned to sender I guess I'll know soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back