D'oh iPod is froze, suggestions
Apr 1, 2005 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TWIFOSP

Headphoneus Supremus
So, while trying to juggle too many things in my hands this morning, my ipod fell from about waist hieght and was suddenly stopped by the asphalt of a parking lot.

It played fine for the next couple of minutes, as the ram buffer still had data I guess. Then it froze, and now it just sits there with nothing on the screen, I can hear whir up and then down, clicks a few times and then repeats.

When I press and hold menu and the middle button, nothing seems to happen. Though once, I got the apple logo, folowed by an icon of a folder with an exclamation point on it. It went away fast and I can't seem to even get that to come back up.

It's a 4g 40 gig ipod. Anyone have any suggestions on what to try?

Apr 2, 2005 at 9:05 AM Post #3 of 5
Thats what happened to my iPod too and turns out ur sol. Youd should send it in to be fixed.

Apr 2, 2005 at 4:46 PM Post #4 of 5
'Tis dead. Like my old iPod. If you're not in warranty, I wouldn't recommend sending it in to be fixed 'cause they charge an arm and a leg for hard drive repair. I'd get a new DAP.
smily_headphones1.gif

But yeah...welcome to the deceased iPod club. If you try connecting your iPod to the computer, you might eventually see a dead iPod icon, which was my old avatar.

Apr 2, 2005 at 4:55 PM Post #5 of 5
If you hear the hard drive whir and then click, it's likely that your hard drive is dead. But just to be sure, you can try a restore if you can get it to mount on your computer. Go to ipodlounge.com's forums for more help... They have a lot of threads and faqs dealing with iPods that are frozen or which appear to be dead. If you can't fix it, you can try and get it replaced... but they might not do it if it looks banged up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back