Does the RE0 sound neutral to you?
Apr 27, 2010 at 10:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

rhythmdevils

Member of the Trade: rhythmdevils audio
I have noticed that there seems to be more agreement in the IEM world as to sound signature, then there is in full size headphones. Just take a look at the fun vs. reference thread if you don't know what I mean.

It seems that both people who say the K701 is neutral, and people who say the HD600 is neutral, generally agree that the JH13 pro is neutral. But that may be because it's high end, and manages to have the best of both HD600 and K701.

So I'd like to know, with a much cheaper, widely popular IEM that I often see referred to as neutral, how many people agree? Maybe aside from the slight midrange recession, but if that's an issue for you, then vote accordingly.

only vote if you've heard them

biggrin.gif

Apr 27, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #3 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have noticed that there seems to be more agreement in the IEM world as to sound signature, then there is in full size headphones. Just take a look at the fun vs. reference thread if you don't know what I mean.

It seems that both people who say the K701 is neutral, and people who say the HD600 is neutral, generally agree that the JH16 pro is neutral. But that may be because it's high end, and manages to have the best of both HD600 and K701.

So I'd like to know, with a much cheaper, widely popular IEM that I often see referred to as neutral, how many people agree? Maybe aside from the slight midrange recession, but if that's an issue for you, then vote accordingly.

only vote if you've heard them

biggrin.gif

The JH13 Pro is neutral the JH16 Pro is fun.

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #4 of 27
It really depended on the tips, for me. With hybrids they were neutral, but with the lelong biflanges they were actually quite bassy :s

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #5 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic 748i /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The JH13 Pro is neutral the JH16 Pro is fun.

thanks, I meant to write JH13. corrected!

I'm not trying to prove anything here, so feel free to vote for whichever fits your experiences best.

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #6 of 27
The RE0s are very neutral despite their slightly forward treble and rather light bass.

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #7 of 27
I voted yes however it does depend on the tips. I remember the long detailed review by kostalex about tip selection and it really does change based on what tips are used. I used mostly hybrids on them however but found them fairly neutral. Budget neutral iem screams RE0 imo.

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #8 of 27
The RE0's are pretty neutral to my ears. The time I have spent with them really did give me that impression however I did notice the male vocals seemed a bit "sucked out" or void. Not really sure if that is a knock against neutral or what exactly it is but I just couldn't shake that feeling/impression of them.

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #9 of 27
They are "neutralish" to me (focus too much on the upper mids/treble and lack lower mids/bass). I thought they were the most neutral IEM I'd ever owned until the Nuforce NE-8s showed up. The NE-8s are now the most neutral IEM I've ever owned.

I'm still keeping the RE0s as I still like them, but 48 hours into it and I do indeed prefer the Nuforce NE-8s (the most under-rating IEMs on Head-fi IMHO).

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
107 views and only 7 votes? vote people, vote! I don't really care about the RE0, I'm just using it for the case study. so Vote!

Well you said it yourself, vote only if you have it. I'm sure not everyone out of the 107 viewers have heard it. Also, I voted neutral.

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #12 of 27
I definitely vote neutral. My well burned in RE0 sounds almost perfectly flat to my ears with the stock and UE single flanges. With the stock ones, the mids are a bit forward, while the UE tips suck them out a tad. RE0 and UM3X are two most neutral IEMs I've heard to date.

Apr 28, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #13 of 27
JH-10x3 is very likely the most neutral thing I've tried, imho (13 being slightly hyped on both ends). RE0 doesn't sound particularly close to 10x3.

Of course earphones are a kooky beast, with a much bigger YMMV factor than people often consider...

Apr 28, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew H /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JH-10x3 is very likely the most neutral thing I've tried, imho (13 being slightly hyped on both ends). RE0 doesn't sound particularly close to 10x3.

Of course earphones are a kooky beast, with a much bigger YMMV factor than people often consider...

I know it was hyped up in the sub bass region but I don't hear any exaggerated treble. But everyone hears differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back