Does SPL Auditor offer same sound quality as Phonitor?
Sep 22, 2009 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

niranhopper

500+ Head-Fier
Hi

I am researching to buy a suitable amp for my GS1000 and stumbled upon the SPL Auditor. Does the SPL Auditor offer the same sound quality as the Phonitor? Does it offer a good value for the price?

I hope that they should sound great with the GS1000.

Sep 23, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by niranhopper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi

I am researching to buy a suitable amp for my GS1000 and stumbled upon the SPL Auditor. Does the SPL Auditor offer the same sound quality as the Phonitor? Does it offer a good value for the price?

I hope that they should sound great with the GS1000.

I have tried the GS1000 with both amps and they do sound the same. SPL also makes it a point in their advertising that the Auditor is the Phonitor w/o the imaging wizbangery (which doesn't really work anyway IMO).

But the GS1000 is not a good match with the Auditor/Phonitor IMO (I tried the amps with the K701 and Ed9). Only the Ed9 was a synergistic match IMO.

The GS1000 needs a tube amp and you will probably find a better match for less $$ elsewhere.

Sep 23, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #3 of 6
Ok. so i think i will look at X-Can 8 or WA6. I am not able to find any woo audio seller in Uk. so i guess Xcan 8 would be a good options. Any other options available at this price range for a grado gs1000? i dont mind spending 500-600 gbp as long as it sound significantly better than the 200-300 gbp amps

Sep 23, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by niranhopper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok. so i think i will look at X-Can 8 or WA6. I am not able to find any woo audio seller in Uk. so i guess Xcan 8 would be a good options. Any other options available at this price range for a grado gs1000? i dont mind spending 500-600 gbp as long as it sound significantly better than the 200-300 gbp amps

I believe that the woo amps are only sold factory direct and by all accounts I've read, after sales service is exemplary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back