does RE272 have all the musicality and positive points of RE262???
Aug 12, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #16 of 28
@deepanshu830
I mean that your preference regarding soundstage may differ from mine because of a few things, like isolation, the tips used, etc...

Have you tried to search the net if there are local audio stores in your city that actually let you try before you buy? 

I'm have also experiencing the dilemma like yours when deciding to buy new pair of IEM, but luckily I tried to search the net and I found one local audio store (and surprisingly not far from my place - 20 minutes of walk, hehe)... I can audition any IEM they sell at will... 
beerchug.gif

So, I'm suggesting that you try to find such audio store in your city..

Aug 12, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #18 of 28
well they are both stupid good.  both very different beasts too so to answer does it have all the musicality of the 262, no it doesnt.  it does offer an entierly different sound that is stunning but nat what id call beautiful like the 262 is. 

if you can afford it just buy both, they are both easily worth their money.

Aug 15, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #19 of 28
The 272 has all the 'musicality' of the 262 and then some. It's not as coloured or as mid-centric as the 262s, and its neutrality or even treble focus might be mistaken for it being less 'fun', but that would be to misread them.  Stick them in a Cowon J3 on 'Viva 2' setting and prepare for one of the best iems you'll hear. Define musicality. This sure sounds musical to my ears.

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #20 of 28
Having heard both myself now, I can quite honestly say the 262 remains unmatched in mids, and vocals excel that of the 272 and SM3 IMO. However, the 272 manages to deliver exceptional mids, without being pushed forward, with respect to the rest of the signature, and the treble extention is also exceptional. The 272's are bright in the best of ways, while I'd still have to say that the 262's gain the 'musical' edge since their sound is much more immersive. Deciding between the two is quite possibly one of the toughest earphone choices I've had to make, which I find quite surprising since they're completely unique from one another, yet just as difficult to choose between. Hats off to HiFiMan for making the best dam mid-centric in-ear these ears have heard to date (RE262), and now ONE OF the best dam brilliantly bright signatures I've heard (RE272). All thing considered, the 262 certainly reigns the king of vocals, as far as I'm concerned, while the 272 will, quite literally, brighten your day.
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #21 of 28
Well, RE272 is not all that bright really. At least I don't think it's as bright as some here make it out to be. I think Q-jays and DBA-02 are brighter.

Aug 17, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #23 of 28
Hope you update the thread once you get them.

I am still waiting for ZO v2's release - counting down days to check out what this mythical, magical device with a cult following does with my IEMs
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:
Well, RE272 is not all that bright really. At least I don't think it's as bright as some here make it out to be. I think Q-jays and DBA-02 are brighter.

Genereally speaking? Maybe. Comparitively speaking, especially in regards to the SM3/262? Defiitely bright, but again, in the best of sense.

Aug 17, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #26 of 28
@esantosh my ZO is not ordered because they are looking for dealership in india for v2 ,as they have told me it will be launched in september and they have no sample pieces ,they have not contacted amarbir till now. i will also get a V2,but i think it will take some time for the approval of dealership then landing items into india.

@i2eshan yeah i will update about it.

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #27 of 28
Thank you guys.

I have my re262 broken and I have to decide if to ask for a replacement or an upgrade to re 272, so, your observations are very usefull to me

In the end, I'm quite afraid to go for a more analytical earphone, since I've never heard one and also since I listen to very different kinds (classical, pop, rock, dance, jazz) of music.

The extra $100 dollars are to be considered too!

In the meantime, going back to my old Brainwatz M3 was a little difficult :)... even if I have to say that they are quite a good deal for the price.

Let me know what you think ..

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #28 of 28
If I may, the 262 and 272 share little to no resemblance in terms of their signature, where the former is warm and sweet, while the latter is highly detailed and analytical sounding. Of course, there's absolutely nothing wrong with either one, but it's merely down to preference. In your shoes, I'd recommend a 262 replacement, my friend. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back