Does anyone know where I can get a CAL CL-10 repaired?
Oct 18, 2006 at 3:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

m8o

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi there. My California Audio Labs CL-10 burned out a few years ago during a lightning hit to my house.

Does anyone know of a repair/mod shop where I might be able to get it fixed (and maybe modded if available)?

Thanx much,
m8o

Oct 18, 2006 at 9:13 AM Post #2 of 4
Have you tried a new fuse in it yet? That might be the only thing wrong with it, and they're dead simple to change. Check it if you haven't already and let us know.

Oct 18, 2006 at 2:16 PM Post #3 of 4
Yes, I definitely have. My house was hit by lightning when it arched from the huge tree that was hit in my neighbours yard (we were in the basement watching TV) I lost
- dimmers inside and light sensors for auto-on/off switched
- the metalic backing on the mirrors in my bedroom burned so there's now all these gold spots all over it
- almost every one of my remote Mitsubishi AC units got damaged in one way or another (like individual central air units, where the compressor is outside, and piping runs through the house to the fan & heat exchanger inside)
- one of my AR Classic 150 Monoblocks toasted the next time I turned it on
- our 40" Sony XBR's tube got ruined when the metal frames of the large rectangular windows behind it GOT MAGNETIZED (you run a compass along the wall and it spins around crazily)
- various VCRs of other electronic equipment got burt ... and my CAL CL-10 included.

Yep, I looked at the fuse and I 'think' I replaced with one I knew was working. But, hey, I'll double check that anyway just in case. I'll check conductivity with my multi-meter.

Nov 1, 2006 at 6:05 AM Post #4 of 4
Uncle Erik, it's definitely not the fuse.

So do you know who can repair a burnt CAL CD Changer?

Thanx,
-steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back