Does anyone know anything about Numark electrostatic headphones?
Jun 9, 2009 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

moodyrn

Headphoneus Supremus
I just scored a pair of Numark ES-701s with adapter off ebay for about 80.00 shipped. I've never heard of them, and I don't know anything about them. But for the modest price I thought I would take a chance since they're suppose to be electrostats. I know just because they are electrostats doesn't mean they will automatically sound good. So I'm hoping someone has either encountered them before, or have a little knowledge about them. I could find much on the web either. Here's some pics below.

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #3 of 6
i'd be real curious to hear your review/analysis/reaction to these ... electro-static headphones are ridiculously expensive otherwise ...it's a shame ...

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #5 of 6
You may have better luck asking in the Stax thread in the high-end subforum, the 'stat gurus generally hang out in there. I don't know much about these headphones, but they seem like they're electrets, not full-blown electrostatics, so I wouldn't expect them to be quite as good, though if they're in good working order they will give you a taste of what to expect. Electrets can be damaged by over-driving them and playing them too loud, so you will want to ask the seller about channel imbalance issues since that is a very good indicator of driver damage. If properly cared for 'stats are pretty bulletproof and will last for decades, but you never really know what you're getting.

Keep us posted, I'm curious about how these things will do.

Jun 9, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #6 of 6
IIRC the Numarks are very similar to the K-Mart electrostats. No I'm not kidding. That's all i have right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back