Does anybody want me to do a review of the whole Alessandro line-up?
Jun 4, 2012 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

ProjectDenz

Headphoneus Supremus
I am contemplating doing a rather large review involving all three headphones in the Alessandro line-up. But since I feel that it will take me quite a bit of time to write up (hours I would imagine), before I create one I just want to see if there is actually any interest in such material or will it just get lost and forgotten.

These are what I feel are the forgotten cousins of the Grado line-up, and so basically I wanted to do such a review because no matter where I search on the internet there is hardly any detailed reviews on these headphones, especially the MS2i and MS Pro. A good direct comparison between the MS2i and MS Pro is even pretty much non-existent! Since I have the MS2i and MS Pro with me at the moment, with the MS1i coming in in the next few days, I thought it was about time these forgotten headphones get their first proper in depth review.

I feel that this review will help with people who want to jump into the Alessandro world and will also help those who wish to upgrade their current Alessandro, but don't know what kind of upgrade they will get from going up the line.

So tell me, are you guys interested?

Feel free to throw in anything you want to see anything in the review, if you are interested, and I may consider it.

Thanks!

PS: Oh I forgot to mention I would also be using bowls, comfies and the HD414 quarter modded and non-quarter modded pads to give an insight as to how these pads change the sound.

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #3 of 16
I'd love a review of this line, especially since they're only available through Alessandro and are rarely seen on the FS forum, getting info on them I think would really help us prospective buyers' perspective. 

Comparisons to their grado counterparts (matter of opinion) would be awesome as well. i.e. MS2i vs 325i.

Subscribed! 
popcorn.gif

Jun 4, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #5 of 16
Definitely of interest to me!

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #10 of 16
Would love to read such a review too - shame about the lack of Grado cans for comparison. I know MS Pro and RS1 got compared a few years back:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/153453/rs-1-vs-ms-pro-a-comparative-review
And at HeadFonia:
http://www.headfonia.com/grado-rs1-and-alessandro-ms-pro/

But I've never seen MS2 v SR325 or any other Grado in a review. The comments about the MS Pro in the RS1 comparisons make them seem very enticing indeed, and it'd be awesome to hear a modern perspective on them. Go for it. :)

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #12 of 16
If anybody wants a quick impression of the MS2i, it is that they are unrelenting whenever you dare to play a sibilant track with them, especially with the bowl pads. I have never heard a headphone punish my ears so bad for playing badly mastered sibilant tracks (like old songs from the 1960's, The Beatles anybody?).

Actually scratch that, the MS Pro and DT880 are giving me the same issue on that particular song, I don't know why my ears were drawn to that today when I've been listening to that song for a while.

This is the song I was on about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y39MjhVrf_Y

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #13 of 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back