Does anybody prefer monster turbine pro gold to copper?
Dec 29, 2010 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

marcink99

New Head-Fier
I have both of them and after trying both out I think I prefer gold to copper. Sure copper has more clearity to it but seems to flat sounding to me. Like something is missing. Am I the only one?

Also is their any way of changing gold color to black ?

Dec 29, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
I have both of them and after trying both out I think I prefer gold to copper. Sure copper has more clearity to it but seems to flat sounding to me. Like something is missing. Am I the only one?

Also is their any way of changing gold color to black ?

sharpy

Dec 29, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #3 of 5
Well I think it is a matter of what you like. If you like clarity and neutral sounds you would much prefer the coppers. But if you're a bass head you definitely would prefer the Golds. I would prefer the Golds personally since I want something more bass driving. I'm sick of hearing neutral! lol. The Golds are probably fun to listen too.

Dec 30, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Well I think it is a matter of what you like. If you like clarity and neutral sounds you would much prefer the coppers. But if you're a bass head you definitely would prefer the Golds. I would prefer the Golds personally since I want something more bass driving. I'm sick of hearing neutral! lol. The Golds are probably fun to listen too.

I think it's a little more complicated than that. I prefer the Golds to the Coppers as well but not because I like bass. The signature of the Coppers never really appealed to me - the 'lots of bass plus enough treble to balance it out' approach doesn't seem honest to me and doesn't make them 'audiophile' or 'professional'-level monitors. They are still colored, thick, and quite bassy. The Golds, on the other hand, make no pretensions as to what they are - warm, smooth, and relaxing consumer-oriented in-ears. Both are quite far away from the analytical side of the spectrum - the Golds just go the one (small) step further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back