Does any of these new Sony PCDPs have a line out?
Jun 14, 2006 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

aluren

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm trying to purchase a PCDP with a line out to my amp and since I'm not really familiar with this stuff, I'm hoping you guys can help. I went to the sonystyle website with the list of their new PCDP for sale and none of them had the line out. I read at another thread here that D-NE20 has a line out, and since that was not mentioned on the Sony website, I was wondering if the cheaper models, D-EJ001 or D-FJ040PS, have a line out as well. (man just typing those model numbers are making me dizzy!) How's the quality of those players? My budget for a new PCDP is about $50 since I already have an ipod. Where I work, I couldn't bring in mp3 players so I'm looking into PCDP. Thanks.

Jun 15, 2006 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 7
most flagship sony PCDPs have an optical Line-Out. my D-EJ825 has one. i doubt that the D-EJ001 would have a line-out. that model is essentially bare-bones. never heard of the D-FJ040PS before...

i dont get it, you can't bring in an mp3 player to work, yet PCDPs are allowed?
confused.gif

Jun 15, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren
I'm trying to purchase a PCDP with a line out to my amp and since I'm not really familiar with this stuff, I'm hoping you guys can help. I went to the sonystyle website with the list of their new PCDP for sale and none of them had the line out. I read at another thread here that D-NE20 has a line out, and since that was not mentioned on the Sony website, I was wondering if the cheaper models, D-EJ001 or D-FJ040PS, have a line out as well. (man just typing those model numbers are making me dizzy!) How's the quality of those players? My budget for a new PCDP is about $50 since I already have an ipod. Where I work, I couldn't bring in mp3 players so I'm looking into PCDP. Thanks.

Actually, none of the currently produced $50-and-under PCDPs from any brand come with a line-out at all.

Jun 15, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by camille
most flagship sony PCDPs have an optical Line-Out. my D-EJ825 has one. i doubt that the D-EJ001 would have a line-out. that model is essentially bare-bones. never heard of the D-FJ040PS before...

i dont get it, you can't bring in an mp3 player to work, yet PCDPs are allowed?
confused.gif

yeah i couldn't bring anything that possibly have a digital storage that can transfer data into the office. so a cd player with original cds (no cd-r either) would work for me. hmm... so cheap models don't have a line-out. man i was hoping i could just spend less than $50 for a PCDP. any recommendations for a PCDP that sounds ok and has a line-out?

Jun 29, 2006 at 6:17 PM Post #7 of 7
Find a vintage player from Philips/Sony on Ebay or some secondhand online buy/sell website. They sound awesome for the money. I'll never ever buy another new PCDP cause they sound inferior to the vintage ones. See the review section of this subboard for reviews on lots of vintage players. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back