Do you watch sport?
Jan 8, 2020 at 9:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

mariopepper

New Head-Fier
Do you often watch sport? When I have time for that I always turn the TV on and watch soccer games or tennis.
It's much more easier to check sport results at home then visiting stadiums ( especially in winter)
Am I the only one?

Jan 8, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #5 of 39
Yeah I watch soccer (especially EPL) every weekend. Supported Liverpool since I was a kid.

Jan 9, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #6 of 39
Yeah I watch soccer (especially EPL) every weekend. Supported Liverpool since I was a kid.
Oh.. that's my favorite one. Not LFC :) but EPL. I used to support Manchester City for about 7 years but infortunately for citizens this season is Liverpool's. They deserve it.
I also like watching hockey games but unfortunately most of the games are too late for me so I check xscores.com/hockey to look the results. Am I the only one?

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #7 of 39
upload_2020-1-17_0-53-49.png

Jan 17, 2020 at 12:58 AM Post #8 of 39
Screenshot_20200117_135803.jpg

Jan 17, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #10 of 39
LOL ! I love it Rayzilla !
You have to feel sorry for me. It's been a long time since there was a parade in Toronto if you don't count the Rators and the Argos. I was still living in Toronto for the Argos Grey Cup parade. I would fly back for the Leafs parade if there's ever the chance but it still won't be any time soon. ☹️.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #11 of 39
You have to feel sorry for me. It's been a long time since there was a parade in Toronto if you don't count the Rators and the Argos. I was still living in Toronto for the Argos Grey Cup parade. I would fly back for the Leafs parade if there's ever the chance but it still won't be any time soon. ☹️.

You never know Rayzilla. The Red Sox finally won in 2004 as did the White Sox I believe three years later. The Pittsburgh Steelers went 40 some years without winning anything before their seventies Super Bowl wins. The St-Louis Blues were the only sixties expansion team not to have won the cup until last year. I’ve always believed that if your team makes the playoffs, anything can happen. The Leafs are likely a playoff team this season. The Habs, not so much. Hang in there.

Feb 10, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #12 of 39
I would watch the NBA regularly if people without cable could actually watch any of the games.
They make it impossible! I live only a few hours away from where the Detroit Pistons play and still can't watch them over the air!

I used to have League Pass and would watch 2-3 games per night while working (weird job, I know). That's like up to 8-9 hours I think.
Back then the Pistons would win so much that i'd get MAD if they lost. For years all my friends were also mad at Joe Dumars for trading away Chauncy Billups. Pretty funny!

When the Playoffs came around I would watch every single game and after round 1 i'd be almost burned out on watching games.

Wish I could get back to those days, but League Pass is still kind of expensive.

Hard to believe that when I was 9 or 10 (now 39!) I use wake up every Saturday at 9am and watch WCW Wrestling. Back then we had no clue it was all staged/fake. Wrestling is like the last thing I would ever watch now. I can't even stomach watching UFC fighting because it's so violent and sometimes bloody.

Oh yeah, I absolutely love the Olympics when they are on! The coverage is usually bad so I miss a lot of it. My favorite events were the female and male Gymnastics. They always seemed to only show the American competitors. Oh well.

Aug 9, 2022 at 2:46 AM Post #15 of 39
The same here. I like watching big sports as well as I can turn a sport channel just for the background. Now the NFL is coming, so I browsed to https://www.firesticktricks.com/watch-live-sports-firestick.html to find the best option to watch it. However, it seems to me that ESPN+ is the only reasonable one. I'm not happy about that, cause their subscription is pricey. How everyone of you is going to watch NFL in September?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back