Do you jog with In Ear monitors ?
Jul 25, 2012 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

igotyofire

100+ Head-Fier
I have Westone 2's now for less then a  year. I was Jogging & the right side went out . Is it a bad idea to jog with IEMs? Do custom iem's protect better against moisture? Im just wondering if sweat got into the the monitor at all as thats the only thing I can think of that may have caused it to stop working. I doubt its a cable issue since I took real good care of them & they were never really yanked on or accidently caught on anything. Just looking for some advice or comments since I would hate for this to happen again & hopefully the warranty will cover this as it was wonder normal use. 

Jul 25, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #2 of 34
I hate to say it man but I think its best to have a pair of "walking around IEMs" and a pair of "lifting IEMs". I had a pair of panasonic HJE-900s that I loved that broke because I abused them a little too much jogging and exercising and the like. My next pair is gonna be the klipsch s5i rugged IEMs simply because they are rugged and made to take damage, or give the phonak audeo line a shot...though I find them a bit quiet without an amp. 

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #4 of 34
Jul 26, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #5 of 34
Jul 26, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #7 of 34
I use the Klipsch S4's for exercise.  However, I would strongly recommend the Klipsch s5i because they are a little more sweat resistant.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 26, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #8 of 34
Hey,

I thought I'd comment on my experience with my W4 which has roughly the same shape as the W2.

I've had the right channel black out on me a few times (~4 times) and believe it had to do with earwax having gotten inside the shell.  I never actually got the wax out and I'm afraid of damaging the contents inside by flushing it with water or peroxide.  However, I did use some compressed air and shot it into the nozzle a few times and it's fixed it everytime.

Jul 26, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #10 of 34
My Yamaha EPH-100 hold up very well in the gym, the cable is made from some form of elastomer, making it rubbery and very sweat resistant.

The iem's themselves are also very light, and insert deep into the canal, they can/do pop out but only when sweat gets to silly levels.

As universals go, they've been the best gym buds for me.

Though customs are the ultimate, provided you don't mind using such iem's afterall they cost a bit.

Jul 26, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #11 of 34
My brother jogs with his Xtreme Xplosives. They stay in your ears very well. Great bass and overall sound quality for just $15.

Jul 26, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #13 of 34
I work out with my CIEM's when I am on a threadmill or when I am lifting weights. But when I am jogging or running I don't use them because I want to be able to hear my surroundings.

Jul 26, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #14 of 34
Either Klipsch X10 (with G6 Nano and Shadow) or JH13s (with iMod 5.5g and Pico slim) for biking and weight/resistance machines.  Both isolate really well in a noisy gym.

Jul 26, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #15 of 34
I work out with my JH-13s all the time, in so far as i dont have any other headphones that i would use instead. i run in them, lift with them, do calistenics with them, etc. I dont baby my 13s lol i just use them for everything :D nothing like having amazing audio everywhere!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back