Do Touch Screens Scratch Easily
Aug 22, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #16 of 19

Quote:
Well I do see those cracked screens on the iphone or itouch some people are using :p I'm amazed it still works at that point.

Just a little info: :)
Capacitive touch screens (glass) have two layers of glass with a layer of...electrodes in a grid in the middle. When you touch the screen the screen in a specific spot the electrons react and it'll know where you touched.. As long as the middle layer isn't broken you can use it without problem

Aug 22, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #17 of 19
Purely my opinion, but Bodyguardz is superior to Zagg in that you get far less of the 'orange peel' effect with it, and it 'heals' minor scratches after a couple of days. Successful application with any of these is a practice thing IMO and you have to be prepared for imperfection with your first attempt. Bodyguardz (and the others I presume) offer lifetime replacements for free (not including p&p) once you've bought their protectors and registered with them. Nailing the screen side is usually easy, but some of the backs are a nightmare if they're all curved and stuff.

I use mine more to keep the player mint than anything else, so it'll be in good condition to sell when I upgrade.

Aug 22, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #18 of 19
I got a large pack of like 3 or 4 zagg invisible shields which you cut yourself to fit your gadgets and was not impressed at all.  It's not really a "hard" protector, the protector is actually made of a soft almost rubbery material.  It's a pretty impressive material and does protect from scratches pretty well, but the problem I had was that it's not invisible at all and looks pretty dumb.  It also started peeling off around the edges after a a few months, less than even half year.  The protector I placed on my psp also got this large mark on it for some reason, which is strange because I always keep it in a hardshell and baby it.  Ended up giving my last protector to a friend for free.
Byt the way, on anythingbutipod, they do some tests where they scrape a bunch of glass touchscreens with razors and knives, and most of the touch screen players don't get any scratches or even marks. I personally haven't gotten any scratches on my ipod touch 2g yet without any protection too.

Aug 23, 2010 at 6:11 AM Post #19 of 19
I have a J3 and its screen is made of alien glass from the planet Unscratchable or something. I don't bother with a protector or a case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back