Do these go loud?
Jun 8, 2003 at 5:25 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by KJ869
make sure you got nice amp, hit the phones to questioners head, and turn to maximum volume and let them decide.

Lol Im going to do that on my next airplane flight when someone asks me
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2003 at 12:08 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by fappar
you dont understand the post

Oops.. it appears you are right...

in a face to face, away from the forum perspective... no, I never get asked that... so, no ~ it doesn't bother me
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 8, 2003 at 12:12 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle_Driver
Which specific Sony V-phones did you listen to? Small and black, small and silver, big and black or big and silver?
evil_smiley.gif

Small and black, and big and silver.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 8, 2003 at 2:28 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by plainsong
Small and black, and big and silver.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I'm assuming that they were the MDR-V150 and the MDR-V700DJ, and possibly the MDR-V500DJ...
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Well, I got bummed by the latter. If I had to buy a current consumer-model Sony (note that the MDR-V6/MDR-7506 doesn't count in this post
wink.gif
) for the price that the MDR-V700DJ goes for, the MDR-CD###-phones are a better choice. (I know ?agicthyse would disagree with me on the fscking V700...
evil_smiley.gif
) Otherwise, there are much better choices than those V700s.
redface.gif

Jun 8, 2003 at 4:21 PM Post #21 of 28
There were a couple of tables filled with v500s and v700s, and I was waiting for my husband to meet me, so I thought.. what the heck, and I tried em out... and to think I risked head lice to listen to that. Bleh!

Jun 9, 2003 at 5:09 AM Post #22 of 28
For those of you who missed my old 'V-CRAP' pull alarm (in my sig), it's back - better than ever!
very_evil_smiley.gif

(Or should I say 'more effective' rather than 'better'?
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

That's because I've gotten rid of the last vestiges of the 'V-CRAP' 'phones from my collection! No more V-CRAP for me!! YAY!!!
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2003 at 5:18 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by ProFingerSk8er
just take your time and explain to them there there are more then "loudness" in headphones

That'll literally take years of verbal therapy (and abuse, for fun).

Jun 9, 2003 at 5:22 AM Post #24 of 28
this almost makes me want to link to my "can ... phones make one go deaf" thread
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nick

Jun 9, 2003 at 5:48 AM Post #25 of 28
Yeah, and all the V-CRAP 'phones do is go very loud, and say "****** quality sound!"
very_evil_smiley.gif

With the craptacular V-CRAP completely out of my way, I can now concentrate on listening to HD600s, SR225s, SR325s and ER-4Ss. And perhaps acquire a higher-end Beyerdynamic or Sony CD#### 'phone along the way.
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2003 at 1:36 PM Post #26 of 28
I think it's a great question. Perhaps he just didn't word it right.

I can't believe loudness wouldn't matter to everyone.

Not much different than buying a fancy sports car. Looks awesome...handles great....integrity build quality...but it only goes 75 mph. Why bother?

Jun 9, 2003 at 7:10 PM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Spyro
I think it's a great question. Perhaps he just didn't word it right.

I can't believe loudness wouldn't matter to everyone.

Not much different than buying a fancy sports car. Looks awesome...handles great....integrity build quality...but it only goes 75 mph. Why bother?

For that matter, who would want the opposite? A car that goes 200 mph - but looks ugly...handles like a big long bus...shoddy build quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back