Do the Sennheiser HD6xx and Drop + Sennheiser PC38X share the same drivers ?
Feb 24, 2022 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

stevenmichael

New Head-Fier
Has anyone compared these two headphones to see if they are the same thing except for the microphone added to the pc38x ? Here is a video review that shows they are open back and what it looks like with the pads off .

Feb 24, 2022 at 10:15 PM Post #2 of 6
Has anyone compared these two headphones to see if they are the same thing except for the microphone added to the pc38x ? Here is a video review that shows they are open back and what it looks like with the pads off .

they are not the same, you can see the impedance of drivers, hd 6xx is like 300 ohms versus drop pc38x is like 28 ohms. The PC38x uses the same driver as the GSP 500, which they state on the drop page and is based off another gaming headset

Feb 25, 2022 at 4:33 AM Post #3 of 6
they are not the same, you can see the impedance of drivers, hd 6xx is like 300 ohms versus drop pc38x is like 28 ohms. The PC38x uses the same driver as the GSP 500, which they state on the drop page and is based off another gaming headset
Thanks Blackrao . Can you attach a link that I can read about how to know what the specs on headphones mean . What headphone specs should I go by to know what a good pair has . I was just going by the price of both of them and that they were both open back . I've been trying to find a thread on here where someone goes over what specs mean on headphones but I can't find anything .

Feb 25, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks Blackrao . Can you attach a link that I can read about how to know what the specs on headphones mean . What headphone specs should I go by to know what a good pair has . I was just going by the price of both of them and that they were both open back . I've been trying to find a thread on here where someone goes over what specs mean on headphones but I can't find anything .
Audeze has an article about it,

https://www.audeze.com/blogs/technology-and-innovation/sensitivity-impedance-and-amplifier-power

However specs don't really tell you much about a driver performance, only tells you how strong an amplifier you will need to power them. If your looking for a gaming headset the PC38x and EPOS H6 Pro have the same drivers, I currently have the epos h6 pro and its really good definitely a headset I recommend.

Feb 25, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #5 of 6
Audeze has an article about it,

https://www.audeze.com/blogs/technology-and-innovation/sensitivity-impedance-and-amplifier-power

However specs don't really tell you much about a driver performance, only tells you how strong an amplifier you will need to power them. If your looking for a gaming headset the PC38x and EPOS H6 Pro have the same drivers, I currently have the epos h6 pro and its really good definitely a headset I recommend.
No I'm not looking for a gaming head phone I have a amp I want to plug it into and use for a cd play or other devised I plug into the amp I was looking at some other gaming headphones because some of them have planar magnetic in them like the Hifiman Deva-pro open back and Audeze Penrose x both right at 300 dollars. Would any planar headphone be considered a audiophile headphone ? Shoud I go with a planar over the type of driver in the hd6xx ?

Feb 25, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #6 of 6
No I'm not looking for a gaming head phone I have a amp I want to plug it into and use for a cd play or other devised I plug into the amp I was looking at some other gaming headphones because some of them have planar magnetic in them like the Hifiman Deva-pro open back and Audeze Penrose x both right at 300 dollars. Would any planar headphone be considered a audiophile headphone ? Shoud I go with a planar over the type of driver in the hd6xx ?
I would recommend the hifiman sundara for you. The Hifiman Deva and Audeze penrose are both wireless headphones so you wouldn't being plugging those into an amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back