Do Head-Fiers have horrible musical taste?
Nov 18, 2010 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Alec E

100+ Head-Fier
When I first began browsing the Head-Fi equipment discussion forums, I was frequently startled by offhand mentions of notoriously godawful artists--the band Chicago, for example, or the Eagles.  The tone of these references would indicate the loftiest respect, even pride of acquaintaince.

After some months away from the site, I've just come across an enthusiastic exchange, in a thread about the Shure SE535, about Godsmack and Avenge Sevenfold.

Do you think self-proclaimed audiophiles have unusually bad taste in music?

Nov 18, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
When I first began browsing the Head-Fi equipment discussion forums, I was frequently startled by offhand mentions of notoriously godawful artists--the band Chicago, for example, or the Eagles.  The tone of these references would indicate the loftiest respect, even pride of acquaintaince.

After some months away from the site, I've just come across an enthusiastic exchange, in a thread about the Shure SE535, about Godsmack and Avenge Sevenfold.

Do you think self-proclaimed audiophiles have unusually bad taste in music?

Taste is personal so if you like a certain genre or artist or band you can share it and someone might agree. Now even in your opinion awful bands like "Chicago" and "The Eagles" have good tracks and albums, you just have to like them and if not so be it. 

To be honest I cannot imagine any good reason to devote a thread to this topic. Therefore I shall no longer spend time on this topic for taste and/or preference is personal and if you disagree you can just ignore it. May your music be pleasant...

Nov 18, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #5 of 9
there's a fair stench of troll off this one...
aaannyway on a more pressing note Deep Funk there's no E in NewsomE
dt880smile.png

Nov 18, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #6 of 9
Who cares? You probably listen to music that I'd hate, but I wouldn't care whatsoever. I would certainly not make a thread about it. I hope this gets locked before it gets out of hand.

Nov 18, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #9 of 9
One of Head-Fi's longstanding traditions is not crapping on the musical tastes of others.

I don't agree with the tastes of everyone here, but I often find enough overlap in artists and composers that I have something in common with everyone. I also make a point of encouraging people to try new genres.

I see no meaningful discussion coming from this thread, so I'm locking it. Since it is not particularly offensive (yet), I'll leave it up to avoid cries of "censorship." However, if it is restarted or crapping turns up in the Music Forum, I'll deal with it appropriately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back