Do exist better headphones than ATH M50X with the same budget?
Dec 12, 2015 at 12:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jesusdolce

New Head-Fier
I am a dj, I dont know anything about headphones. I want to buy some headphones looking for sound quality and durability. Just now I have looked for some information and ath m50x are the best headphones for a dj under 150$.
Please recommend some headphones with the same budget.

Dec 12, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #2 of 7
they are a tad more expensive, but you could have a look at the sennheiser hd 25-1 ii. They were built for DJs, are small on-ears and offer great isolation, in case you need that. they won't fall off your head either, you can spread the two parts of the headband.

Dec 13, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #4 of 7
there is no "better" in audio, unless your goal is high fidelity/neutrality (in that case, pick the sennheiser). Go listen to both of them and pick the one you like better. 

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #5 of 7
I'm a DJ also. Look into the Marshall Monitor: http://www.amazon.com/Marshall-Headphones-M-ACCS-00152-Monitor-Black/dp/B00D3ITOHG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450019737&sr=8-1&keywords=Marshall+Monitor

Sounds better than the HD-25-1 ii and it's so durable that I give it to my female family members as gifts because i know they can't break them no matter what. 

Sounds great on mixers too

If you want to go Sennheiser, the HD 25-1 ii I believe is still going for well over $200.........it's a dated design that Sennheiser updated themselves with the HD DJ series, so I'd suggest going for the HD DJ 6, which is about $149: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-Mix-DJ-Headphones/dp/B00I51HUL8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450019899&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+hd+dj+6

The HD 25 series get loose and flimsy after a time, but they're very durable and rarely break.......they're industry standard for DJ's because every single part is replaceable............I'm not sure if that's still the policy though after the HD DJ series was released.........I've seen DJ's hold on to their HD-25's for decades. 

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #7 of 7
Replace the pads. You'll see a huge improvement.

Go to google and type in brainwavz pads and pick the color/material and shape you want. Will greatly improve the sound/comfort. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back