Do ear canals temporarily expand?
Dec 1, 2010 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Jajo

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all

I was wondering if ear canals temporarily expand?

For about an hour or so, I was listening to my TF10's with foam tips. After that, I put in my customs and was having a very difficult time getting a good seal.

Has anyone else experienced that? Is it all in my head or do ear canals get bigger then contract after some rest?

Dec 1, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #2 of 7
Of course they expended. After all they are soft tissue and you can't expect them not to change a little bit when you apply pressure to it. Just give it some rest and allow it to relax back..

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #4 of 7
ClieOS, I figured I was asking a common sense question, but it would put my worries to rest.

QuantumXL, funny you mentioned weather changes and sickness.  The first snowfall fell today, and I've also been battling a cold (it's winning, though).  

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #5 of 7
I swear my ear canals have expanded permanently from over abuse to fitting different type of foams/silicons :frowning2:

Dec 2, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #6 of 7
I've noticed this too actually. I sleep with my in ears and when i wake up my ear canals usually expanded to the point where my pinky almost fits comfortably . . haha but its shrinks back up later so, doesn't seem like a big deal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back