Do any other LD MKV users have these problems?
Sep 1, 2010 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Neil27

100+ Head-Fier
I bought a Little dot MKV from their ebay store, and i cant belive how quickly it shipped from hong kong (about 2 working days)

The unit looks great, but on a bit of closer inspection one of the allen bolts on the front plate looks to be put in slightly crooked and has made a tiny dent into the aluminum, but its very small, so i am willing to just overlook it. I then turn it on and notice one input led is a bit brighter than the other. Seems to be a little loose QC, anyone else have this?

I know this is probably a problem with my dac; but i get noise from my 0404 usb that i have not heard at all from the intergrated headhone amp with in it. Its like a constant ticking hissing sound and i can hear my self scroll my computer mouse as ticking. Is somthing not grounded properly somewhere?

Thanks for any help on the subject.
Neil

Sep 1, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #2 of 7
hey neil you should contact davidzhezhe, he should be able to help.
I've got many issues with my littledot that i've just received today too, hopefully he'll replace a set for me

Sep 1, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #4 of 7
If you bought that from anyone other than a Little Dot authorized dist of from David you are screwed. Little Dot will not guarantee the product. Hopefully you did not get a rebadged clone as there are many out there.

Sep 1, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #6 of 7
This was direct from David on Ebay. I have also noticed some leakage between the channels. eg. when something is playing on ch.1 you can faintly hear it on ch.2.. however i have heard others have had this problem, and it isnt too annoying tbh.

I am going to contact David.

Sep 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #7 of 7
I used to have the MKV
I loved it alot , that is why i am getting the MKVII+ now..

1) you not suppose to  have both source turned on  when they both plug into the MKV
(the input 1 and 2 are suppose to be giving you some convinence  without unpluging the cable when changing soure

2) how you plug your DAC between computer ??? USB??? Optical??
if you using USB, MKV is just that good, it will show you all the noise from your computer..(especially your power supply)

( happened to me before, when i had the Ibasso D10 plug in using USB then to MKV, i heard alot of noise, but found out if i unplug the AC power , everything go quiet.
so i switched to optical, everything solve.. ever since i don't use USB to connect my Dac.

3) MKV does give some hissing noise when using low OHM headphones, It happened to be when i use my D7000 with MKV, it is solved by using a headphone load adapter ( i got mine from moon-audio , it is a adapter cable with 120ohm resistor burn in, kind of pricy, but well worth it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back