do amps work with ear buds well
Apr 24, 2008 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

live1

100+ Head-Fier
i was thinking about getting a mini micro 3 amp to boot the volume of my ipod its got th eu sound cap.im using ear buds will it boost the volume without distorting or are these amps ment for full size headphones.also what are the loudest ear buds avalable

Apr 24, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by live1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i was thinking about getting a mini micro 3 amp to boot the volume of my ipod its got th eu sound cap.im using ear buds will it boost the volume without distorting or are these amps ment for full size headphones.also what are the loudest ear buds avalable

Why would you need high volume earphones? It Damages your hearing.
The Mini 3 will work great with high-end earphones, if you still use the iBuds, then I would see no reason in buying an amp for them, as you would not notifice the difference
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #5 of 9
Yes, portable amps work well on any earbuds, but if they are crappy to begin with...well, no sense in guilding a turd.

Apr 24, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #6 of 9
thanks im getting ultamate ears super fi 3 with the mini micro 3 amp ive heard its amazing and i love the tiny size.good to know i can beat the eu sound cap lol

Apr 24, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #7 of 9
My Denon earbuds work well with an amplifier and they're only 16ohm impedance. They work well direct from the iPod but they take off via an amp. The sound becomes more 'solid' sounding with more grunt at the bottom end.

It surprised me how much they were affected but I suspect with cheaper earbuds, it wouldn't be so noticeable.

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back