DJ Headphones - Small profile, plenty of bass.
Feb 12, 2015 at 9:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

djwoody

New Head-Fier
I'm new here so Hi everyone, looking forward to the forum.

I have owned numerous pairs of Sony MDR-V700DJs, mainly as they break so often. Even though they are not the best sounding headphones in the world, they have a decent low end and have suited my DJing style over the years.

Now I am looking to replace them with something more durable, with a similar sort of sound profile as the Sonys.
I'm used to the swivel 90 degree arms as well.
I'd also like the headphones to be quite a small size, as some bass heavy cans are sooo big.

I've been looking at the following, any other recommendations would be great:
Philips A3 Pro
Philips A5 Pro
Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2
Technics RP-DH1200

Thanks
Chris

Feb 12, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #2 of 6
Your budget is under $200, yes? I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the headphones on your list or really any DJ headphones. I just thought clarifying your budget might help someone else help you.

Feb 12, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #4 of 6
  I'm new here so Hi everyone, looking forward to the forum.

I have owned numerous pairs of Sony MDR-V700DJs, mainly as they break so often. Even though they are not the best sounding headphones in the world, they have a decent low end and have suited my DJing style over the years.

Now I am looking to replace them with something more durable, with a similar sort of sound profile as the Sonys.
I'm used to the swivel 90 degree arms as well.
I'd also like the headphones to be quite a small size, as some bass heavy cans are sooo big.

I've been looking at the following, any other recommendations would be great:
Philips A3 Pro
Philips A5 Pro
Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2
Technics RP-DH1200

Thanks
Chris

Sennheiser HD25-1 II

Closest thing there is to an industry standard DJ headphone: http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1954

Basic edition is currently £118 on amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back