DIY recable project PLEASE help
Feb 12, 2011 at 3:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

scannon18

100+ Head-Fier
I can't find a company that will recable my Klipsch custom 3s, so I have resolved to do it myself.  But I do not know where to start.  Where can I buy a cable for an in ear monitor that is unterminated?  I do not want to build the plug, I'd rather find a cable with a plug but without the two-pin connector for IEMs. 

And then I need to break open my headphones to rip out the old cables and solder on the new ones?  Any resources shared or helpful tips would be appreciated.  I need these things to be portable, and with the stock cable they are not portable.

Has anyone ever tried this with IEMs?  Is it particularly difficult to do?  If I could pay a professional to do it, I would.  Unfortunately I can't find one.

Feb 13, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #2 of 3
Opening these is probably going to destroy it.  I just noticed that the cable has no connectors.  If the stock cable is broken and it's out of warranty, you could either call Klipsch to redo it, or crack them open, but rarely has an earbud recabling project gone well.

Feb 13, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #3 of 3
I seen pics of these headphones opened up, I think a bit of superglue is all i'll need.  These phones have no warranty, and the stock cable is not broken, just impossible to live with.  The Custom 3s only cost $100, so I won't be destroying anything too expensive. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back