DIY General and PSU guides?
Sep 18, 2012 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

FraGGleR

Headphoneus Supremus
I want to build some linear power supplies for my Nuforce HDP and my Sonic Impact Super T Amp.  In looking at various kits and plans, I am realizing that I don't know enough basics to even figure out if a particular power supply is the right one for my equipment.  

I have tried doing some light searches for some guides, but have found some dead links and links to threads that don't match up.  Can someone post a few concise guides that can identify the various parts of the kind of power supply that I would use (something like a sigma 11), what they do, and then info on how to calculate and select the right components?  I am looking on DIYaudio too, but their wiki is missing a lot of info.

I am handy enough with DIY tools to build a kit (I have built a couple Cmoys, and some simple manual split/switch boxes), but I don't really understand what I am actually doing.

Any help is always appreciated.

And as a secondary request, would any experienced DIY'er mind a PM conversation to help me specifically with the PSU's I'd like to build?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back