DIY Custom Ear Molds for around $15
Aug 28, 2010 at 3:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Xan7hos

1000+ Head-Fier
Did a search and didn't see anything posted. The guys over @ Make Projects created a custom molded earphone using Radian's custom mold plug, which is an epoxy kit designed to create custom earplugs that sells for around $15. I think I'm going to try this with my RE0

EDIT: Found an instructional video on youtube 

Aug 28, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #3 of 10
This was actually posted about 2 days ago, but I can't blame you, the search function on the new Head-Fi is next to useless and refuses to sort properly by date.

Pretty neat nonetheless.

Feb 3, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 10
I wonder if this can be used:
http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Mold-Silicone-Molding-Casting/dp/B003CHMZXI
says it's Odorless, Non Toxic. FDA Compliant - Food Grade

Feb 3, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #5 of 10
Whaa? Damn I wish this is available in my country!

Feb 5, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #8 of 10
Just a note for you guys considering this, I was in the same boat before I got my impressions. An audiologist did it for me and when she put in the cotton to block the ear canal around the second bend it was way further than I would have felt comfortable putting anything. And this was after an examination with one of those ear scopes. I'm a big DIY fan, but I would recommend caution if you are doing it yourself. If you can afford it, get it done by a pro. A mistake could be irreparable if you are trying to go to the extreme. If you're conservative about depth, I would personally feel comfortable. 

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #10 of 10
I am trying to pluck up the courage to make custom moulds for my Westone 4r I could not get on with the plastic at the top of the cable,so I removed it,but left about half inch to support the cable.For me,this has a tremendous difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back