11.jpg

12.jpg

Oct 18, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #4,727 of 16,312
^^ sexy
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #4,729 of 16,312
G1tiUl.jpg

7vmpDl.jpg

14' guitar cable I made for a friend. Canare GS6 cable with Neutrik NP2X plugs.

Matching coax cable (Made it from the cable left over, now for sale, nudge nudge)

k6cAfl.jpg

f0V5Kl.jpg

Oct 21, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #4,733 of 16,312
canare mini star quad in red, found the yellow techflex on ebay. hard to see in the pics, but it's a cool combo. I've been making speaker wires for my system, so had a ton of shrink tubing and decided to run that solely from the split to the cans instead of techflex all the way..much more comfortable on the neck/chest imo.

Oct 21, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #4,734 of 16,312
I decided not to use any techflex for headphone cables due to microphonics and added stiffness but that combo you made is absolutely gorgeous. Very, very nice.
biggrin.gif

Oct 22, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #4,736 of 16,312
Dude how long is that recable? It looks like its over 25ft.

I also have a question im planning on recabling my Ultrasone HFI-780s and was wondering what the best way is to drill a hole for the cable on the other cup? any help would be appreciated

Oct 22, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #4,737 of 16,312
it's about 30ft. Excessive, I know ..but i wanted to make sure that it would be long enough regardless of what my listening rooms turn out to be in the future. I also wanted to ensure that I had enough slack that it could lay on the floor and not be tripped on ..two stubby leg dogs and a wife make for poor electronics environments.

my beyer's had a little indented square (it looks like they use the same cup for both sides and punch a hole in the one they wire up) so I took a standard drill bit the diameter of my cable+heatshrink (which is about 5 layers of heatshrink where it meets the cup) and drilled. slowly at first and then fast enough to break through the plastic, which isn't that thick.

then i re-inforced the cable on the inside with hot glue. I also used hot glue to cover the holes at the top (from the inside) where the old wire exited and entered the cups for the right side.

a couple of extra detail shots can be seen here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/bey...ml#post6096787

total build time from unpacking supplies to listening was about 2 hours. take your time and think it through and you shouldn't have any issues. also, a quick tip for using techflex in these lengths... you're going to have to do a lot of slinking up and then smoothing out. if you wear an oven mit and cradle the cable tightly in your palm you should be able to avoid burning your skin. The friction from that plastic will be worse than any carpet burn you've ever had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back