DIY Cable Gallery!!
Jan 27, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #14,356 of 16,312
You bet brd, keep up the good work
beerchug.gif
 Meant to put your initials in the response above but got a call and flaked
rolleyes.gif

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #14,357 of 16,312
  Hi guys,

I have finished my AKG Q701 second cable. I wanted a lighter and more flexible cable and ended up with the following;

24AWG silver plated copper wire - braided 3 wires
Yarbo & Furutech plugs

Very clean.

I also made a USB to mini USB cable with gold plated ends. Made out of VIABLUE EPC-4 Silver cable and a black nylon braid.

Hope you guys like it. Comments much appreciated.

it looks awesome, can you please give the link to head shrink you are using for USB cable.

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #14,360 of 16,312
  Sorry for this continuos spam, but I just finished my 9-braid USB 3 cable; USB to micro USB. Hardest part was probably the braiding. Works like a charm, and pretty indeed.

Absolutely okay. 
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #14,361 of 16,312
  Sorry for this continuos spam, but I just finished my 9-braid USB 3 cable; USB to micro USB. Hardest part was probably the braiding. Works like a charm, and pretty indeed.

Great looking cables man, very clean and professional looking. Finally finished my first cable ever. Soldering these Sennheiser connectors was a serious pain!

Jan 30, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #14,362 of 16,312
  Great looking cables man, very clean and professional looking. Finally finished my first cable ever. Soldering these Sennheiser connectors was a serious pain!

Sorry this is off topic, but @scizzro your avatar completely cracked me up. What episode is this from and what caused Kostanza's conniption fit? 
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #14,365 of 16,312

your's also great looking cable, is it Litz braiding? also what is fourth color of paracord? only blue, black and white are visible

Jan 30, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #14,367 of 16,312

your's also great looking cable, is it Litz braiding? also what is fourth color of paracord? only blue, black and white are visible

Like MrEleventy said, I used Black x2, Navy and Slate Grey. I was trying to match the color of the plastic on the HD600. The wire isn't litz, no. I used 24 AWG stranded UPOCC copper from SonicCraft. Probably overkill but it was pretty cheap.

Jan 30, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #14,368 of 16,312
Awesome job, scizzro.  My first cable sure didn't look that good, plus the color scheme is very nice.

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #14,369 of 16,312

Sorry this is off topic, but @scizzro your avatar completely cracked me up. What episode is this from and what caused Kostanza's conniption fit? 
biggrin.gif

Haha I wish I knew. Knowing George, it was probably something completely vain and meaningless 
biggrin.gif

"I was in the pool! I WAS IN THE POOL!!!"

Awesome job, scizzro.  My first cable sure didn't look that good, plus the color scheme is very nice.

Thanks man, it definitely turned out better than I expected. I made a few mistakes (don't forget the heat shrink before you solder a connector...) but I learned from them. 

Jan 31, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #14,370 of 16,312
Haha I wish I knew. Knowing George, it was probably something completely vain and meaningless :D  

"I was in the pool! I WAS IN THE POOL!!!"

lol. That's from the Hampton's episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back