Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
Mar 21, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #211 of 569
It's not really a matter of more power. Power=volume, when volume is matched power is the same. It's just a term that's thrown around often to describe what is very often simply a better, higher quality sound.
For some reason, I often find high gain, on most DAPs or amps, to have more bite and kick in the sound, with a tad more resolution and openness, not sure why.

Mar 21, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #212 of 569
It's not really a matter of more power. Power=volume, when volume is matched power is the same. It's just a term that's thrown around often to describe what is very often simply a better, higher quality sound.
For some reason, I often find high gain, on most DAPs or amps, to have more bite and kick in the sound, with a tad more resolution and openness, not sure why.

Probably something called confirmation bias lol. When I first started out in this hobby years ago and have no idea what is high and low gain, I volume matched by ear and tried to hear from ear if there is a difference between low and high gains, i concluded that I  couldn't hear a difference. Later when I went to do some research on this, it confirmed what I thought I heard.

Now, I just choose the gain which will provide the optimal volume for me when the knob is set around the 50% mark.

Mar 21, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #213 of 569
Probably something called confirmation bias lol. When I first started out in this hobby years ago and have no idea what is high and low gain, I volume matched by ear and tried to hear from ear if there is a difference between low and high gains, i concluded that I  couldn't hear a difference. Later when I went to do some research on this, it confirmed what I thought I heard.

Now, I just choose the gain which will provide the optimal volume for me when the knob is set around the 50% mark.

Nope, I'm pretty certain of it, let's agree to disagree.

Mar 21, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #215 of 569
Nope, I'm pretty certain of it, let's agree to disagree.

Sure. In this case, it doesn't really cost you anything to listen at high gain rather low gain. If you really can hear a better difference with high gain, I really don't see any harm in using that.

To recall a personal example, just recently at canjam, I was at the Dita booth and just fooling around with their Truth and Truth copper cables, comparing them with my default thick copper litz cable on my Hum Pristine. Science tells me that although there is a measurable differences among the 3 cables, human ears shouldn't be able to hear the differences. However, I can quite distinctly hear a change when switching from cable to cable. So even for me, my hands on experience doesn't match up with what I believe in.

In the end, I chose to stick to my original cable as I prefer tat sound the best.

How is the rosenkranz stickers, I can't understand how they function/help. Can you please share more on those please, many thanks. 

My problem is with those snake oil products that claim to improve your audio experiences by leaps and bounds, cost you an arm and a leg and much more than what your initial set up actually cost, but scientifically, it's just doesn't make any sense.

Mar 21, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #216 of 569
Those arent rosenkranz stickers :) They are just normal bumper stickers I bought from a thrift store to prevent scratches on the body of the dream when I place it lying down in my dry cabinet, or when gets packed into my carrying case :) 

Mar 21, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #217 of 569
Ooops, meant to post this last week but forgot about it

The circular part of the Dream body is identical in circumference to the Answer, but the Dream has a longer nozzle, and a longer stem for the removable cable part. The fitting in my ears is much better on the Dream than the Answer.

Mar 22, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #218 of 569
For me, the Dreams have renewed my interest in dynamic Drivers, totally killed all interest in hybrids and made me ignore my "20 driver" armatures.

I find myself sneaking them out at the office every chance I get and straight from a decent portable dap, I'm hearing stunning music. These iems are worth the hype train.

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #219 of 569
  Ooops, meant to post this last week but forgot about it

The circular part of the Dream body is identical in circumference to the Answer, but the Dream has a longer nozzle, and a longer stem for the removable cable part. The fitting in my ears is much better on the Dream than the Answer.

Thank for the pic. It looks like the nozzle on the Dream is a bit longer than the Answer.

Mar 22, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #220 of 569
Compared to the original batches of the answer, the current production models actually do have a slightly longer nozzle already for an improved fit. The Dream has an even longer nozzle which helps with the fit even more

Mar 22, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #221 of 569
Compared to the original batches of the answer, the current production models actually do have a slightly longer nozzle already for an improved fit. The Dream has an even longer nozzle which helps with the fit even more

Oh I didn't know that! My Answer should be the earlier batch with the shorter nozzle.

The longer nozzle really help with the comfort. Sometimes, the housing of the Answer will rub against my ear and make it sore.

Mar 22, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #222 of 569
On a facebook post, some dude was looking to buy a dream, and was offered one, but without the box and serial number card.

Now, given the extremely dubious situation, it reeks of a scam. But, just for certainty, did anyone of us here offer our dream unit out for sale? I mean, there are only 5 of us, and I think most of us are kind of aware of each other. 

unit number
2) me
3) unity
4) ?????? 
5)xuan87
6)jayboy76

So.....as much as I doubt it, is buyer number 4 here and did he offer the dream? 

Mar 22, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #223 of 569
Hell no, no way I'll offer up my dream for sale.

Even if it's not a scam and the offer is real, it's just plain stupid to buy it without the serial number card as he won't be entitled to the fix from Dita for the loose sockets.

Mar 23, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #224 of 569
Let me know if someone wants to sell theirs or trade 
beerchug.gif

Mar 23, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #225 of 569

I just tested the High gain vs low gain on my ak80 + amp with EE Zeus and PW Audio 1960's cable, and yes, at a similar volume High Gain has more bite and resolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back