Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
Mar 17, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #196 of 569
  Beyerdyanmic never admitted that the T8iE was at fault, they silently in span of less than an year released the MKII and totally rebranded and retuned the same housing under a different name. While you and I see it as something normal sadly we rarely see this now days, specially in a high end product. JH never admitted early collar breaking if screw too "tight" for instance. 

They simply could have asked for a recall for the product, pretend they did an QA check and all was find and release the same product never telling their customer that anything was wrong.

Yes I agree, but the fact that many companies act irresponsibly (to say things politely) doesn't make it normal. What Dita is doing is normal.

Mar 17, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #198 of 569
I was a little shocked when I lent it to my Friend to demo and when putting it on, the 2 pin plug came loose from the driver. Later when fiddling with it I was a little confused as to was it a design choice that it's that easy to pull out?

Thanks for sharing Dita team. Though wouldn't hurt for you to email us rather than us reading in the forums. It's just 5 of us. It's also my first Dita product so I can't say I'm exactly thrilled about this.

Still Darren was real nice to speak to me on it despite being in Jakarta so that made me feel better.

Dita folks pls email us once a fix is done. Doesn't feel good to have my fellow headfi friends make fun of me for being one of the 5 . :frowning2:

Mar 17, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #199 of 569
I was a little shocked when I lent it to my Friend to demo and when putting it on, the 2 pin plug came loose from the driver. Later when fiddling with it I was a little confused as to was it a design choice that it's that easy to pull out?

Thanks for sharing Dita team. Though wouldn't hurt for you to email us rather than us reading in the forums. It's just 5 of us. It's also my first Dita product so I can't say I'm exactly thrilled about this.

Still Darren was real nice to speak to me on it despite being in Jakarta so that made me feel better.

Dita folks pls email us once a fix is done. Doesn't feel good to have my fellow headfi friends make fun of me for being one of the 5 . :frowning2:

1) dita will fix it, no doubt.
2) serial number below 10. They can laugh for all they want; I'll put up with the socket issue for now, and enjoy the dream while waiting for a fix heh.

Mar 17, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #200 of 569
1) dita will fix it, no doubt.
2) serial number below 10. They can laugh for all they want; I'll put up with the socket issue for now, and enjoy the dream while waiting for a fix heh.

Sound quality wise, it's in a class of its own. Even my Focal Elears and LCD3s have lost head time. Some kind of witchcraft going on here. The price u pay for dabbling in "black magic" . No pun intended to the Color of dream. :)

Mar 18, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #201 of 569
I'm not ashamed to do this, but the dita dream keeps blowing me away. Sure, it doesn't exactly have the best treble extensions to.match BAs, but it is just so dann coherent and resolving its its spatial presentation. That said, this is the first time that I've given it a good listen, as it's been hooked up onto my burn in rig since i first got it, with short rest times in between to let the diaphragm rest.

With a good and strong amp it just sings so effortlessly.

You can almost imagine yourself sitting in a room with a small scale speaker set up all around you. It is, that immersive

Mar 18, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #202 of 569
I was a little shocked when I lent it to my Friend to demo and when putting it on, the 2 pin plug came loose from the driver.

Yes it came off way too easily without any force being applied  
eek.gif

Mar 20, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #206 of 569
Mar 20, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #207 of 569

Dita folks pls email us once a fix is done. Doesn't feel good to have my fellow headfi friends make fun of me for being one of the 5 .
frown.gif

Hey There,

We will be sure to get to each of the 5 of you via email, if possible, and have the marketing guys write you an email so you have some written confirmation of our action plan in your mailbox.  Thanks again for your patience.  

Dan

Mar 21, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #209 of 569
Does the Dream scale well with power? Seems like it. Was listening at the library today and forgot to turn my Cayin i5 from high gain to Low gain and noticed an expanded soundstage and more clarity to the vocals on some familiar tracks. Turned the player to Low gain and felt the soundstage close in. Was wondering if it's just loudness setting on high gain but could not replicate the same expanded soundstage on Low gain. Now discovering my Dreams with a more expansive sound on high gain. It's a dream!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back