Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
Mar 14, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #181 of 569
Mar 15, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #183 of 569

Build quality
I believe that now would be a good time to give some credit to the build. The body is CNCed from a titanium block in a collaboration between Dita and K2Craft, a jeweller by trade who has extensive experience working with intricate parts and metal housings, which also means that the body design and material deliberate, the crafting precise, to meet exact standards. Despite the 2.5mm shell thickness, no flex in the housing was detected. 

However, I did find issue with the removable cable socket. The socket, is unacceptable lose, and the dream feels prone to disconnecting itself from the cable and ending up on the floor with a painful 'thunk'. For the moment, I am using lining black tape as extra security (and peace of mind), but I do hope that I can contact DITA to work out a more elegant solution that sticky tape on an elegant iem.

Any update on the socket issue? Are any other users experiencing the same problem? I'm quite interested in the Dream but that sounds like an unacceptable QC issue.

Mar 15, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #184 of 569
Can anyone compare the Dream to any of the following:

Campfire Vega
Campfire Andromeda
Noble Kaiser Encore
Noble Katana
AK T8iE MkII
Beyerdynamic Xelento
Sony MDR-EX1000
Sony MDR-7550
Fidue Sirius

I'm particularly interested in imaging/staging and resolution.

I know BA's and DD's have different characteristics but I'd love to find a dynamic with a refinement and signature similar to the Kaiser Encore. There's this life-like quality you get from DD's that I have yet to hear in a full BA design. I don't know how else to put it.

Also, how's the isolation?

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #185 of 569
Dear Friends,

Thank you very much for your patience and your faith in us.  For all the early adopters of the Dream, your warranty will be extended for as long as it takes us to fix this issue.

Please trust that we will fix this problem.  if you walk into our office now, you will see my face buried in my hands as I seek out a solution to fix this as quickly as possible.  

It is and has always been our policy to take care of our customers, that is why we do not want to grow to a size where all of you become faceless numbers.

In the meantime, other than the five sets that were sold at Can Jam - Singapore, we will be suspending the sales of Dream even further. I know this super sucks, but it will be sorted.

If you have any questions or issues, please email Desmond at desmond@ditaaudio.com or Kenneth at kenneth@ditaaudio.com.  While the sales and marketing fellas are in Jakarta for a show, the engineering team remains anchored firmly in Headquarters fixing this problem. No one is going anywhere until this gets fixed.

My sincere apologies to the five gents who have supported us enough to give us so much of your money.  We know it's hard earned so we don't take these issues lightly.

Dan

Mar 17, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #188 of 569
Whoa I was planning to head to E1 tomorrow just to confirm that this is indeed an issue but Dita has beaten me to it. No worries for me, the socket is looser than usual, but the unit itself has never come out once either when i'm wearing them or when i'm handling them with additional care. I guess I can wait quite a long while for Dita to fix the issue while I enjoy them, along with the knowledge that I'm one of the blessed five in the whole world that get to enjoy the Dream. 
etysmile.gif

I know I've some PM to reply, and I've more to post but I do it tonight. Friday is my busiest workday.

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #191 of 569
Mar 17, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #193 of 569
3509848fa24a63fadf55532282be451f.jpg

I tried it again at the February show, 2017.

(First time I think was the above quoted with SE and Opus#1)
the next time was with the iBasso DX200(SE).

(Pause whilst I look for my notebook).

The Dream this time was more laid back than I remembered it.
Fairly even, with an underlying soft dynamism.

3fd8972e2b34df5ed0223e0a6567db6c.jpg

I also have the DITA Truth Awesome plug in silver and copper which I will review soon.

128a487e4376f7fcda943bea8936102c.jpg

Mar 17, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #194 of 569
  Well, it is nice, but I find that only normal. If your product is defective, you take responsibility.

Beyerdyanmic never admitted that the T8iE was at fault, they silently in span of less than an year released the MKII and totally rebranded and retuned the same housing under a different name. While you and I see it as something normal sadly we rarely see this now days, specially in a high end product. JH never admitted early collar breaking if screw too "tight" for instance. 

They simply could have asked for a recall for the product, pretend they did an QA check and all was find and release the same product never telling their customer that anything was wrong.

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #195 of 569
In terms of Dita after sales service I can vouch for it. I bought Dita Truth second hand (an awesome moniter). I had an issue with the cable that rendered one side useless. Contacted the Dita HQ guys, quick repsonse, and assurance they will fix it, which they did, and they charged me peanuts. These guys are for real.

I am keen to hear the Dream and if I like it I have no doubt I will get it. I like the speaker like tuning of the Dita Truth with strong bass. Not that thrilled that they have apparently veered away from that sound but I know they care about their product so I am sure that the Dream will have its strengths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back