Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
Mar 11, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #151 of 569
I'm sure you can find a photo of her on the Dita facebook, Imma keep my camera lenses trained only on audio gear.

Edit: Ok here is the close up as promised. Can't resist taking it with my latest watch acquisition, a Gruppo Gamma Vanguard MKIV, also from a Singapore company.

Mar 12, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #155 of 569
  I'm sure you can find a photo of her on the Dita facebook, Imma keep my camera lenses trained only on audio gear.

Edit: Ok here is the close up as promised. Can't resist taking it with my latest watch acquisition, a Gruppo Gamma Vanguard MKIV, also from a Singapore company.

gosh they are so beautiful, i really like the matt finish

Mar 12, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #158 of 569
Wondering where I can get it from Europe and when?

Mar 12, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #160 of 569
  gosh they are so beautiful, i really like the matt finish

The finish is handled by K2 Craft from Japan, who specialize in crazy looking faceplate customization for customs. You can google them for an idea of the kind of work they do. One of my buddies in Singapore has a 3D diecast model of a Karmen Rider head split in half and on each face of his customs. If you're in Singapore, you can go to Music Sanctuary to see their works in person.

Let the cable rolling begin

Ok this seems like the perfect opportunity to share some insights on the Dream after talking to Darren from Dita during a slow period on Canjam Sunday (Darren is the guy who handed me my Dita Dream so I feel like we have this blood bond between us for life LOL). 

The polarity on the Dream is reversed on purpose, so if you're using it with other cables, even with the Dita's Truth and Truth copper cables, the sound will end up abit weird because you're actually listening to both sides at reverse polarity. So the Dream Truth and the normal Truth cables are actually not identical. You can tell in the sense that the 2 pin housing on the Dream Truth cable will line up nicely with the IEM body, but not for the normal Truth cable.

The reason Dita does this is to passively discourage you from cable rolling, as they feel that the Truth cable is the best cable for the Dream. I don't think you can get a Dita Dream with a Dream Truth copper cable as such a cable doesn't exist.

Can I have a comparison picture between The Truth/Answer and The Dream?

I have the Answer as well, I can post a photo of them tonight.

Mar 12, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #161 of 569

The polarity on the Dream is reversed on purpose, so if you're using it with other cables, even with the Dita's Truth and Truth copper cables, the sound will end up abit weird because you're actually listening to both sides at reverse polarity. So the Dream Truth and the normal Truth cables are actually not identical. You can tell in the sense that the 2 pin housing on the Dream Truth cable will line up nicely with the IEM body, but not for the normal Truth cable.

Great fun fact! This is didn't know. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back