Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
Jan 24, 2017 at 4:17 AM Post #76 of 569
Their representative in China is answering one out of every three message, and really not in a nice way. All I want is to give them 2k$ after all, so I understand the lack of enthusiasm

Lol, treat em mean, keep em keen. The dudes at HQ in Singapore are cool. I just want to have a listen to the damn things.

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #77 of 569
Their representative in China is answering one out of every three message, and really not in a nice way. All I want is to give them 2k$ after all, so I understand the lack of enthusiasm

If the China rep isn't answering, try dropping Dita an email directly, they usually respond very well. Desmond usually replies them personally.

Also, having heard the latest prototypes, they're something special to my ears and without a doubt a big step up over the current line up.

Jan 24, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #79 of 569
Thanks. I am very interested in the Dreams. I have my Truth's up for sale to make a small contribution to the collosal price of a pair of Zeus XR Adel's. But I just picked up a black AK380 and amp, and damn the Dita's scal good with the amp, they sound really great. Might have to hold onto them now.

Jan 24, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #80 of 569
Thanks. I am very interested in the Dreams. I have my Truth's up for sale to make a small contribution to the collosal price of a pair of Zeus XR Adel's. But I just picked up a black AK380 and amp, and damn the Dita's scal good with the amp, they sound really great. Might have to hold onto them now.

I personally find that with a tiny few exceptions, good dynamic driver earphone scale much better than BA earphones. if you have a chance try your ditas with some desktop equipment. You will be very surprised.

Jan 24, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #85 of 569
Dear Friends,

Sorry, it's been a while that we answered your queries here on Head-Fi.  I would like to start by saying, you'll get a response from us if you email us directly at desmond@ditaaudio.com or sales@ditaaudio.com.

The Dream was scheduled to ship in December 2016 but we met with a few niggly issues, many of which would never be noticed by consumers but in our quest for a better product, we decided it was better to fix them now, than to release the product and face the backlash.  One of our original goals when we started this company was to "build a better product".  We've had some success commercially, but we have not forgotten our ethos and we do not plan to.  If the end product doesn't live up to our expectations, we just would not release it.

In the age of the internet, it is quite easy for a single issue to be blown out of proportions and companies, especially smaller ones like us, can feel the repercussions rather quickly.  That is to say, we respect our fans and customers.

For many of our distributors, this is an even bigger problem because they may have promised shipments to their downstream customers.  We have no choice but to bite the bullet and strive on until we think it is good enough.  As you are all aware, the pricing of the Dream is high and as such, we expect that the product be built and presented adequately.  Money isn't growing on trees and especially in this day and age, it's getting harder to come by.  What that means is manufacturers should build products to better standards if they are to charge high prices for them.

Of course,  "high standards" is subjective but we believe consumers have a way of figuring out their own needs and they'll know if something is worth their money or not.  There is a fan for every sound signature out there and so each product will meet with fans and naysayers alike.  We cannot build something that sounds good to everyone but we can try to build something that feels like quality to as many people as possible.

We would ask for your patience while we figure these issues out and try our very best to get the product out to you as soon as possible.  Bear in mind that every delay means we are not shipping any product and as such, not getting paid!  In the meantime, donations are welcome!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

My kindest regards to everyone,
Dan

Jan 24, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #86 of 569

Hi there,

I am sorry that our rep in China hasn't been good to you.  You will get a quicker response if you email us directly at desmond@ditaaudio.com or sales@ditaaudio.com.  I think you will find that if there is anything we are good at, it's getting back to customers quickly.  We work very hard on after sales service, sometimes more on after sales than pre-sales.  This is because, we want to take care of our customers, not just sell products and forget about them.

Dita maintains an office in Shanghai specifically to deal with the Chinese market which is vast, fast growing and also very peculiar.  As such, they may not be equipped to answer your queries in the best manner possible.

Do send us an email and we will get back to you, normally within 24 hours on work days.  Once again, my apologies.

Dan

Jan 25, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #89 of 569
Thanks for the answer...how am I going to wait I have only 6 iems to listen to :frowning2:

Lol, the delay might be best for me, ill sell some stuff meanwhile and keep Vega too to compare:grinning:

Jan 25, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #90 of 569
I appreciate the response from the Dita HQ guys. I look forward to the Dream. To me the Dita Truth's are a great product and I like the build quality. Having experienced their after sales service first hand I can tell you these guys are ledgit in that regard.

I am keen to see how the Dream improves upon the Truth without losing the positive characteristics/signature of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back