Disturbing: Amazon uses same customer reviews for 4 different headphones
Jul 21, 2009 at 8:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Rainbow Randy

Formerly known as Chicomm4
I hope this isn't inappropriate to post here. I noticed tonight that Amazon.com uses the same customer reviews for two different Criterion Collection movies (In the Realm of the Senses and Empire of Passion). I had recently bought Empire of Passion based in part on the reviews I'd read there. This reminded me of seeing beyerdynamic headphones on Amazon that used the same customer reviews:

Amazon.com: beyerdynamic DT 660 Premium Headphones: Electronics

Amazon.com: beyerdynamic DT 860 Premium Headphones: Electronics

Amazon.com: beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium Headphones: Electronics

Amazon.com: beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones: Electronics

Does anyone know if Amazon has ever gotten into trouble for this? This is a huge misrepresentation of their products. I want to do more than just write a complaint or just stop buying from them.

Jul 21, 2009 at 8:03 AM Post #2 of 7
it seems tp be fairly common on Amazon.. it might be a coding issue.

Jul 21, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #3 of 7
Amazon reviews can be cooked up easily.... most likely the reviews are by a Beyer fanboy who just wants the Beyers to be more popular. Which is why you should never trust amazon reviews. Wasn't it exposed a lot time ago that authors witting reviews for their own works and bashing their rivals are common in amazon.

Jul 21, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #7 of 7
It's been that way for months at least. Funny, I was just looking at the DT990s last night and was reminded of that again. But yeah, you can't really trust amazon reviews, for headphones at least. Just search here, you'll get the real story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back