Dissappointed Sennheiser MOMENTUM Owner Looking for Recommendations
Aug 21, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #16 of 24
Wow, thanks for all the suggestions guys! I've really liked what I've been reading about the HP50, especially because it is, as many have described it, "slightly warmer than neutral," which is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. Like I lengthily explained in my first post, I want a can with a mostly flat signature because any more colored cans that I've listened to have either really disappointed me (when it came to my own music anyway) or have sounded fine, but not like something that I can get a lot of enjoyment out of. That Yamaha that was mentioned, though... if it weren't open-backed I'd certainly give it much, much more consideration.

Aug 21, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #17 of 24
The "Roomfeel" is just their term for their frequency response, it does not make their soundstage large or imaging anything special.  In fact the HP100 has a larger soundstage than the HP50.  I don't know where you hear about comfort issues with the Soundmagic, since it does not clamp much and is very well padded.

Well I asked about comfort in the HP150 thread, and 3 or 4 people said they weren't very comfortable. So yeah...

Aug 21, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #18 of 24
Well I asked about comfort in the HP150 thread, and 3 or 4 people said they weren't very comfortable. So yeah...

As a point of reference I've had the UE6000 briefly and the HP100 is definitely the more comfortable HP due to better headband padding.  But comfort is so subjective so make sure you can demo them or return them before you buy.

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #19 of 24
As a point of reference I've had the UE6000 briefly and the HP100 is definitely the more comfortable HP due to better headband padding.  But comfort is so subjective so make sure you can demo them or return them before you buy.

Ya it is very subjective. Some people are bothered by headband pressure, personally I've never felt discomfort due to a headband ever. Stiff pads don't bother me either. Clamp pressure and weight is my Achilles heel however, no matter how soft the pads may be

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #20 of 24
Ya it is very subjective. Some people are bothered by headband pressure, personally I've never felt discomfort due to a headband ever. Stiff pads don't bother me either. Clamp pressure and weight is my Achilles heel however, no matter how soft the pads may be

The HP150 is only 13g heavier than the UE6000 and probably clamps less too.

Aug 22, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #23 of 24
In order of what makes sense to me:

1. Replacement Gemini or fix yours
2. Mod a T50RP using BMF's guide
3. Fischer clones

Since comfort is an issue, forget Focal (worse than Momentum) and even HP50 (small pad touches your ear all over).

Best luck!

Aug 27, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #24 of 24
Just for your info, the main complaint regarding the Soundmagic hp 100/150 comfort is that the pads are too shallow and some peoples ears end up resting against the inside. I personally have zero issue but my ears are fairly average or shallow I guess. So if you have dumbo ears then they may be an issue. I do love the sound though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back