Disappointed with the Zune HD... =[
Feb 16, 2010 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Brennan

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I've been using my Zune HD for about a week now. Totally disappointed with it.. Freezes every few seconds.. switches to a song by itself.. goes to HD Radio on its own, the screen is not responsive alot of times... Man I really wanted to like this player.. Anyway im taking it back. I'm thinking of either a iPod Touch or Sony Walkman X ... It's really fantastic how iPod Touch has almost everything, its really awesome.. But Sony Walkman X I hear that the sound is absolutely incredible.. But I just WISH it was at a reasonable price! .. I had a Cowon S9 before, I thought the sound was WAY too overrated.. I used it with Grado SR60's, HD595's, V-Moda Vibe's .. I dont know I just didn't care for it.. I've really been looking toward the Sony Walkman X.. it looks GORGEOUS, I love that Rock look to it.. looks like it can take some damage. I also love it has a youtube function, I always go on there. Anyway, give me your thoughts and opinions guys! Thanks!

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #3 of 10
Maybe you should try to get an exchange on your existing Zune HD. My experience with it has been flawless, it has one of the best interfaces and is very responsive for me. Did you update the firmware?

Feb 17, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #4 of 10
Yea I'd say to try and get it fixed if you can't get a refund quickly. But yea.. the iPod Touch has good SQ but I'd say to try the Sony player if you like that.

If you want a touch screen but.... well I was going to suggest the s:flo2 BUT it's kinda buggy and doesn't have all of the awesome UI/smoothness that the other major touch screen players have.
Amazing SQ though; and a dedicated line out
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 17, 2010 at 3:33 AM Post #7 of 10
I just got one also and I had it freeze up a little once but I don't have any of the other problems you described. I am having a hell of a time deciding if I want to keep it or my S9 now though. They have different sound signatures.

Feb 17, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #9 of 10
Yeah, sounds like a defective model. My ZHD's been flawless since I got it in January. Did have this one time when the screen was being incredibly unresponsive, but I turned it off then on again. After that, it worked without a problem.

As for sound, Sony X is the way to go, imo. iPod touch close second.

Feb 17, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #10 of 10
Yeah thats odd I have been using my zune hd a ton and have had no problems 4 months now and I am still in love with the thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back