Disappointed with koss ksc 75
May 11, 2007 at 11:23 AM Post #46 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The KSC-75 gets you most of the way (at least 85%) towards some very expensive headphones... that's reality, not spin.

That's your reality, and definitely not mine.
I really do like the Koss for what they are - cheap beater cans for the office or the beach.It won't ruin my day if they get stolen or damaged, and they do provide a nonfatiguing decent sound quality.They are o.k. for background music, but rating them at 85% of the achievable sound quality is like rating a decent kitchen radio at 85% of a high quality speaker rig.
Maybe rankings out of proportion like yours are what led to the OP's disappointment.
Naturally you are entitled to express any opinion, but to most of us a Koss clipon is not close to for instance an Omega II and it seems even pointless to compare them.

May 11, 2007 at 11:57 AM Post #47 of 69
Hmm, this is a first, i haven heard anyone saying they hate the ksc-75. Burn them for 1 week and see whether it is the same or not.

My mylar3 sounds like **** at first too. After burning-in it sounds gay(great).

May 11, 2007 at 12:48 PM Post #48 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraEvo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, this is a first, i haven heard anyone saying they hate the ksc-75. Burn them for 1 week and see whether it is the same or not.

My mylar3 sounds like **** at first too. After burning-in it sounds gay(great).

If I can remember where I placed them. I'll just pass them on to the next future head fier.

May 11, 2007 at 3:42 PM Post #49 of 69
oh and to chim in more directly to the subject of the thread . i have to say i was also a bit disappointed when i first listened to the ksc75 , the build up is just very high here , with people saying they sold their hd650 and other such relatively expensive setups to stick with them . you expect some religious experience
smily_headphones1.gif

i don't have any expensive headphones to compare to so i can't say exactly how good they are , better than stock is definite
smily_headphones1.gif

May 11, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #50 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosgp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, of course KSC75 are good for 15$. In europe are 30€ (about 40$). No so good, eh?
Anyway, KSC75 are not giant killers in any sense. I do not even prefer them to my portapros or px100.

I prefer them to my PX100, MX550 and E3c. I consider them to be giant killers myself.
smily_headphones1.gif

And I think 85% is about right, compared to my HD650. That said, the last 15% is meaningful and important and that's why I'm here.

May 11, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #51 of 69
The thing with kc75 is the way they makes my feet tapping and how they make me sing with the music, they even gives me goose bumps and sometimes I almost cry
tongue.gif
what 650 does, is make me sleepy, very good before I go to bed.

You know that seems to be my thing, for you that know cars, I would rather live my life with an old fun Alfa Romeo than a new comfy Mercedes.

May 11, 2007 at 7:59 PM Post #52 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurra1980 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The thing with kc75 is the way they makes my feet tapping and how they make me sing with the music, they even gives me goose bumps and sometimes I almost cry

I get this with almost every headphone I listen to. For me, the music gives me this not the headphone.

May 11, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #53 of 69
If I had to let go of all my headphones but one, I'd keep the KSC-35 (and the Sennheiser HD 25-1).

May 11, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #54 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I get this with almost every headphone I listen to. For me, the music gives me this not the headphone.

But much more so with a headphone you like, otherwise, why this hobby?

But I can't say that I get goosebumps with the headphones if I ain't having any music on
wink.gif

May 11, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #56 of 69
Minitrue will be arriving at your door soon for correction. Remember, the men in coats are here to help you
smily_headphones1.gif

In all seriousness, if these are your first above-stock phones, spend a bunch of time listening them (a couple weeks?) and then try to go back. Then you'll probably realize how big the difference really is. Maybe burn-in will help too, I don't remember really.

May 12, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #59 of 69
I bought the KSC75 on a whim today when I was in town returning a game that I had tested out. They just happened to hang there on a wall and I decided to hook them up to my ZV:M before deciding if I'd buy them...

Wow, never did I think you'd get this kind of detailed, clear sound with great bass for this price. The shopkeeper was reluctant at first when I asked to try them out, since he had to cut open the box (damn plastic). He was more pleased with the money in his hands though and I had a neat smile on my face leaving the shop
biggrin.gif

Sure, they don't really match up to my HD600 (w/ Silver Dragon v2 to an Ear90 amp, both of which I got two days ago
600smile.gif
), but they surely sound nice. Bang for the buck? Oh yes. Now, how to mod them
evil_smiley.gif

May 12, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #60 of 69
I also was dissapointed with the KSC 75, gave my pair to my daughter. The notes played thru them have no weight, everything is fluffy without impact. I will stick with my AKG271s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back