Dilemma: Have Sennheiser HD650 and Heed Canamp. Sell the HD650 and buy AKG k701 or sell Heed Canamp and buy Graham Slee Solo?
May 3, 2012 at 3:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Braindog

New Head-Fier
Sennheiser HD650 and Heed Canamp is not a good combo. Im using them with a HRT Musicstreamer II connected to my computer. Mostly listen to spotify premium(probably pearls for swine but the ease of use is just so good) but also flac and alac.

What I want is more dynamics in music and a more open sound and a faster bass wouldn't hurt.

Im happy with the sound to my phone. Im using Phonak Audeo PFE122 and the sound is lighter than what I have at home.

So what would you do if you were in my position?

Sell amp and get a GS Solo? Or sell headphones and get AKG K701?

Or maybe you would do something completly different?

Im also sorry if I posted this in the wrong subforum. Didn't know where to post it since it has both an amp question and a headphone question...

Thanks a lot for responding!

May 4, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #3 of 6
If you want a faster and more open sound then get the K701's. Technically much better than the HD650's and should suit you better given your requirements.
I have heard other people say the K701's go well with the Heed but never heard the combination myself.

May 4, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
Sennheiser HD650 and Heed Canamp is not a good combo. Im using them with a HRT Musicstreamer II connected to my computer. Mostly listen to spotify premium(probably pearls for swine but the ease of use is just so good) but also flac and alac.

What I want is more dynamics in music and a more open sound and a faster bass wouldn't hurt.

Im happy with the sound to my phone. Im using Phonak Audeo PFE122 and the sound is lighter than what I have at home.

Im also sorry if I posted this in the wrong subforum. Didn't know where to post it since it has both an amp question and a headphone question...

Heya,

Keep your current gear, and sell the headphones, and get the Hifiman HE-400. All the dynamics, all the bass, all the speed.

Very best,

May 4, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #5 of 6
If you don't like the sound, its more the headphone than the amp. Changing the amp will marginally change the sound but the overall signature is by far dependent on the headphone.

May 4, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Yes... IF... you have the "new version" HD650's - they are one of the very best available!  Great amps to properly drive the "new version" HD650's include the GS Solo (superb), or any of the Burson HD 160's, or many others - but, only... IF... you've got the "new version" HD650's!

No... IF... you have the "old version" HD650's!  Get the "new version HD650's, or ATH AD2000's, or Grado PS500's and an amp to match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back