Dilema more customs. JH or es5.
Oct 15, 2011 at 3:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

chef8489

Headphoneus Supremus
Well I have een using custom monitors for about 5 to6 years as of now. I started with the westone es2 and ultimate ears ue-5c. These were close enough that I kept the ue5c and sent the westone back. When the ue-11 pro came out I purchased these and have been using them on and off with the ue-5c. When the westone es5 were released I ordered a pair and demoed them for about 2 weeks. At the time I was not happy with the custom art work and compared to the sound of the ue-11 pro they were lacking bass impact a bit so I decided not to keep them. The sound was amazing on them but I was used to the huge impact of the ue-11.
  Lately I have been listening to my ue-5c a bit more than my ue-11. The ue-5 have a bit more balance. I have been contemplating purchasing a new pair of customs for myself and a pair for my wife. My wife does not need anything spectacular as the marshmallows are the best she has heard.Hers will be the same company I go with. I am looking at the es5 again and the jh13 and jh16. I know I liked the sound of the es5 and as the over powered bass is not a factor any more and they fixed the issues with custom art, it is a contender. I have not heard the jh but as jerry made my current phones I think I would like them also. So what say you guys. .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back