DigiZoid ZO or Headstage Arrow?
Sep 9, 2011 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

avorite

New Head-Fier
Hi All!

I am looking for a portable amp to power my SM3 which unfortunately does not respond to conventional amping...

Except the Graham Slee Voyager (Which is too expensive), I have not noticed a significant enough change in the sound signature to use an amp.

Where can I get a Headstage Arrow? Seems the website is not functioning correctly, and I have never heard anything about it anymore here....

Any thoughts at all?

Thank you!

Sep 18, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #2 of 4
Having owned both the Arrow 3G and the SM3 v2s I would recommend the ZO.  The Arrow is an amazing amp, but is almost too powerful for the SM3s.  You will be lucky to use anything past the first 10% of the volume pot range before going deaf.  The bass boost on the Arrow is just what the SM3s called for, but it's kind of overkill for such as sensitive set of earphones.  From what I understand about the ZO (unfortunately, never have tried it), it has the best bass boost of any device on the market.

Check out dfkt's review of the ZO as well:
http://anythingbutipod.com/2011/06/digizoid-zo-portable-subwoofer-review/

He owns both the Arrow and the ZO.

Sep 19, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #3 of 4
I too have owned both the Arrow 3G and now the Zo, and even at a third of the cost, I prefer the Zo through and through. The Arrow is quite nifty, and does what it's intended to do. But, for me personally, the Zo also does exactly what it's intended to do, only better IMO.

Dec 13, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #4 of 4
i am very interested in the HS Arrow 4G (if it is ever actually available). Can someone give some descriptions why they like the ZO better than the Arrow (sound-wise other than price wise--yeah, i def. like the price better!) ?

Can someone tell me if it is possible to use both inputs on the Arrow simultaneously?

@SoulSyde--enjoyed browsing your photos...nice shots! Looks like you have some photo experience? Nice bokeh on some of those!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back