Digging up old album pays off!
Jun 8, 2006 at 6:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Sladeophile

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm sure it's been written about before, but I wanted to start my own. The other day I found one of my cd cases that I hadn't seen in a while. It was hiding somewhere I guess. One of the CDs I pulled out wat Eels - Souljacker. I bought this one a few years ago, took a listen, and didn't like it. So it's been sitting there this whole time pretty much untouched. Anyway, I gave it a listen while I was making dinner (yeah, I'm a killer husband) and I really liked it! So I spun it with my rig and really enjoyed it! (although it isn't a very good recording, but great music)

So I guess what I'm asking is what are the latest "crap" albums you dug up and really enjoyed?

Jun 9, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #2 of 2
Recently I've been taking stock of those electro-ethnic albums that I've indiscriminately bought many years back. Many of these albums I've only played once, and then cast aside as uninteresting.

One such album is Refuge by Gabrielle Roth and the Mirrors. Boring Tibetan chants with no musical development, I had thought. I dug it out of the limbo and gave it another chance: still won't call it a masterpiece; indeed it is the godsend for terminal insomniacs. But I did enjoy the warm reassuring tone of the male vocalist (Boris Grebenshikov), and relish in the lush musical texture as I dozed off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back