Differences between the HiFiMAN RE-Zero and RE-262?
Dec 10, 2011 at 3:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SeanMcG95

New Head-Fier
I've been looking to get a good pair of headphones for christmas in the price range of around $100-150 so for the past few weeks I've been doing some research to find the best quality IEMs I can get  for the money. Based on various reviews and the great Multi-IEM comparison the user ljokerl has on this site, the HiFiMAN range by Head Direct seems to be my best option.

I was just wandering if the $30 price difference is worth it between the RE-Zero and the RE-262 for the difference in quality. I was also wandering if anyone who has owned either of these could say anything about their build quality/durability because neither of them have many customer reviews on amazon.
Finally my music preferences are mostly Hip-Hop, but not the base-heavy/electronic type, more stuff with a layered, sample-based sound such as this...

So if anyone has experience with these how would they perform with that type of music, I'd imagine clear vocals would be a priority too. I'm not an audiophile or anything so keep it relatively simple and if you have any other suggestions in my price range feel free to mention them,
Thanks
atsmile.gif

Dec 11, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #3 of 5
I used to own the re-zero... and it sounded really clear with good vocals and quality bass... I've never had any experience with the 262, but from some reviews and impression that I have read, the 262 should be more vocal centric yet still maintaining its high freq clarity, while probably not as bright as the re-zero. cmiiw

cheers,

Dec 11, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #5 of 5
I've actually just noticed that the RE-Zero's seem to need an adaptor to plug into an iPod. That kinda rules them out because I need something that will plug in directly, are the RE-262's iPod compatible or do they also need one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back