Dido - Live at Brixton Academy DVD/CD
Oct 17, 2005 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Nisbeth

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok, I know this isn't new, but I just bought it a couple of days ago and I was actually pleasantly surprised. I hadn't expected much, but this is a very good concert. The set here is a 90 min. concert as well as an audio cd with 12 of the 17 tracks from the concert.

The songs are varied and Dido manages to add something new to all of them as well as tell a little bit about each song. What especially stands out to me is the way "Isobel" is transformed into having an almost "grungy" flavour. I think it's the best track on the disc, IMHO but all of the tracks are given a new lease of life compared to the album versions.

The sound quality of the DVD is very good in stereo. I don't have a full surround setup at the moment, but I would expect the sound to be excellent and there's even a DTS soundtrack. Picture quality's excellent as well with very little noise as far as I can see.

If you're a Dido-fan you probably already have this, but if you've just been humming along to one of the songs when it's on the radio, you really should give this DVD a look
smily_headphones1.gif
If you won't buy it for yourself, buy it for your wife/girlfriend/sister instead and watch it yourself when she's not home
biggrin.gif

/U.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back