Did I make a good choice.
Aug 14, 2009 at 10:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

unl3a5h3d

500+ Head-Fier
Just bought my first pair of high quality headphones. I got the NuForce NE-8. Did I make a good choice?

Aug 14, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #2 of 16
Well, that's really up to you to decide. If you like them, then yes. Otherwise, no. I wouldn't want to ruin your anticipation by posting my opinion of them.

Aug 15, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, that's really up to you to decide. If you like them, then yes. Otherwise, no. I wouldn't want to ruin your anticipation by posting my opinion of them.

werd, if you like them then A++ on the buy if you dont like them then its a bad choice. Its hard to tell in the headphone world because hearing is subjective everyone hears different.

Aug 15, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #5 of 16
Well if you like them and didn't over pay then you made a good choice. Everyone here has different opinions on what is "good" or "bad" and its up to you to find what you like and everything.

Aug 15, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #7 of 16
Ok wow. I didn't really think about that, but it seems that would be common sense. Well I got them for $65. I mainly listen to Rock, Alternative, a little Rap (mainly old school). Lots of Jack Johnson
biggrin.gif
I think they will be good. I will find out soon hopefully.

Aug 15, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #8 of 16
Well, as everyone else said, if you like them, they are good. IF not, and you know why, you learned something, and you can sell them in the FS section (need to get up to 50 posts) and buy something else. I'm a big fan of the FS section, by the way.

Aug 15, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by aamefford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, as everyone else said, if you like them, they are good. IF not, and you know why, you learned something, and you can sell them in the FS section (need to get up to 50 posts) and buy something else. I'm a big fan of the FS section, by the way.

50 post requirement is no longer enforced (and hasn't been for months).

Sadly, the NE-8 aren't very popular on the FS forums here (which learned when selling mine), but you can always return them and just lose out on shipping.

Aug 15, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #10 of 16
Yea. I think the FS section is a HUGE plus of the Head-fi forums. Its a way for people to get together and buy equipment that will benefit BOTH parties rather than just the consumer otherwise.

You get exposed to much more equipment and can make money when you need to upgrade or sidegrade equipment
smily_headphones1.gif

But yea man I hope you like them
biggrin.gif

And for future reference just search the headphones or whatever you have in mind and read reviews on them. The fanbase here is so big that there is a review or an impression or something on ANY headphone you might think of buying.

Wow... this is a great place haha. (Sorry for rambling lol)

Aug 15, 2009 at 12:57 PM Post #11 of 16
Well I will probably keep these either way. Unless they are worse than my old Skullcandies. (Which I highly doubt lol) I want to get a pair of HD555's or something eventually.

Aug 15, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #12 of 16
You obviously do not seem confident that you did, and have to ask us for our opinion.
So chances are -> No you did not...
popcorn.gif

Are you pleased with their sound? Do you think you paid a fair price? Do you like their looks?
The answer to those questions may tell you more..

Aug 15, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You obviously do not seem confident that you did, and have to ask us for our opinion.
So chances are -> No you did not...
popcorn.gif

Are you pleased with their sound? Do you think you paid a fair price? Do you like their looks?
The answer to those questions may tell you more..

I haven't actually got them yet. They are being shipped lol. I was just wanting to get some of your opinions before I get them..

Aug 15, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #14 of 16
^ ..and if we end up meaning you did not make a good choice?
It is too late anyway, as you have bought them already.

My opinion is that you should have asked before buying, or wait until you receive them to make up your own mind.

Aug 15, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #15 of 16
After you get them and listen to them for a few days, why don't you tell us what you think of them. Good and bad, pros and cons...

Last time I looked, your opinion was as valid as anyone else posting here. Welcome to head-fi... Oh yeah, lock up your piggy bank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back