Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Jun 1, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #6,257 of 7,457
And sorry to piggy-back. I have Cayin IHA-6, Monolith 887 and a hybrid tube amp coming from Eufonika - will these be good enough to make the V@s shine?

You are good to go with IHA-6, good synergy there. Haven't heard any Eufonika products though.

Jun 1, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #6,258 of 7,457
Jun 1, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #6,259 of 7,457
Thanks for the tip but i'm not interested in taking a chance ordering a cable for a different headphone than it's intended for. The Diana connection ports are recessed so if the cable doesn't work I've got a big hassle on my hands. And honestly if they can't even answer a simple question and give me an option to pay I have no interest in supporting that kind of business.
Ok Karen

Jun 1, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #6,260 of 7,457
I'm now a "Karen" if I don't want to support a company who can't answer a simple question?

I asked Mateusz four separate times to confirm that they can make the Diana cable and give me the buying options. All four times he responded with other questions and didn't answer if he can make the cable.

If that makes me a Karen I don't know how you're able to buy stuff. I'm not going to just purchase a $300 cable for another random headphone to just see if it works.

Either add a Diana cable option on the ordering page or learn to answer a simple yes or no question.

Jun 1, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #6,261 of 7,457
These are the buying options on the Forza webpage.

There is absolutely no section here that says Abyss Diana so I have no clue how to order from them.

If their sales guy can't answer that question how the hell do I order?

Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 3.33.30 PM.png

Jun 1, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #6,262 of 7,457
Coffee set on black diana v2 is soooo fancy looking !
Dekoni comes flat. You have to mod them by replacing the ring with the ported pads ring (it gets very pricey and kinda sketchy).
Or you can DIY them like I did by 3D printing a ported ring or stepper and slap them underneath the pads, it works like a charm !
I don't suppose I could pay you to print a bass-port ring for me? And is it easy for absolute idiots (like myself) to attach?
I emailed AByss for a deal on their bass-port pad and no such luck........apparently they're "already discounted". I'm not paying $420 AUD......

Jun 1, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #6,264 of 7,457
2.5mm is the Jack for the diana
Yeah. I know. But the Diana has an extreme recess in its port. If I can’t get confirmation from Forza that their terminations will work I’m not spending $400 to find out.

Jun 1, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #6,265 of 7,457
2.5mm is the Jack for the diana
It doesn’t matter anyways. Both Skedra from Viking Weave and Trevor from Norne got back to me within 24 hours with a perfectly reasonable answer to my simple question. They answered “yes” and gave me options to pay and customize.

While I appreciate someone having a good experience from Forza in the past and sticking up for their customer service I certainly never thought I’d be called a Karen for disagreeing.

Jun 2, 2023 at 12:12 AM Post #6,266 of 7,457
You are good to go with IHA-6, good synergy there. Haven't heard any Eufonika products though.
Have owned a Eufonika H4 for the past few years and really like it. The H4, being output transformerless, has great synergy with higher impedance headphones like the HD600 and HD6XX.

Jun 2, 2023 at 12:20 AM Post #6,267 of 7,457
Have owned a Eufonika H4 for the past few years and really like it. The H4, being output transformerless, has great synergy with higher impedance headphones like the HD600 and HD6XX.
Thanks mate. Yes very excited!! This is a new hybrid one from Wieslaw (brand new model apparently) and this is what he recommended when I told him I had Sendy Peacocks (50ohm) and the Dianas. He's using 6SN7 tubes. Said it's finished this weekend!!

Jun 2, 2023 at 2:53 AM Post #6,268 of 7,457
Coffee set on black diana v2 is soooo fancy looking !
Dekoni comes flat. You have to mod them by replacing the ring with the ported pads ring (it gets very pricey and kinda sketchy).
Or you can DIY them like I did by 3D printing a ported ring or stepper and slap them underneath the pads, it works like a charm !

Any chance you have a file for 3D printing? Would really appreciate it!

Jun 2, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #6,269 of 7,457
Any chance you have a file for 3D printing? Would really appreciate it!
Personally, I'd need someone to print for me but happy to pay.

Jun 2, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #6,270 of 7,457

Users who are viewing this thread

Back