Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Mar 29, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #6,031 of 7,457
You can always recreate them if you really want that flush look. It took me a month but here's my carbon fiber resin plugs on a DIY cable. The finish is not perfect, still working on it, but it works like a charm

IMG20230329105729.jpg

Mar 30, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #6,033 of 7,457
Thank you is the Claire HPC equal in sound comparee to the noir?
I only have that one cable from them. Ireally like it, plan on ordering more for my other cans

Apr 24, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #6,034 of 7,457
First time on this thread. I've had some very brief experience with the Diana V1 and Diana TC. I'm closing in on a trade deal for a new 2023 Diana V2 Onyx. Wondering if anyone has tried the Bass ported pads yet and what they are running for source equipment.

Apr 25, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #6,035 of 7,457
First time on this thread. I've had some very brief experience with the Diana V1 and Diana TC. I'm closing in on a trade deal for a new 2023 Diana V2 Onyx. Wondering if anyone has tried the Bass ported pads yet and what they are running for source equipment.
Definitely recommend the ported pads on the V2 if you want a bit more low end. The Dakonis are worth a shot too, if not just to have options.
I run a Holo Spring 2 KTE to a GSX mini. Not a summit level chain I suppose, but gets me in the ballpark enough I don't feel I'm missing much :)

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #6,036 of 7,457
Just finalized the deal for a brand new Diana V2 2023 Onyx. Super happy with them and I’ve already spent three hours with them late last night. My transducer collection right now is bonkers but my source chain needs a bit of work so I gotta shift focus.

Not looking for Summit-Fi but I’d be thrilled with a Questyle CMA Fifteen & a Feliks Evo. It’ll be a while until I pull any other triggers so I gotta live with what I have for a few months.

I’m planning on going to CanJam SoCal to get a better idea of what pairs well with my collection so that should shed some insight.

Apr 25, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #6,037 of 7,457
Definitely recommend the ported pads on the V2 if you want a bit more low end. The Dakonis are worth a shot too, if not just to have options.
I run a Holo Spring 2 KTE to a GSX mini. Not a summit level chain I suppose, but gets me in the ballpark enough I don't feel I'm missing much :)
Im thinking about to replace the Dekoni cheap made ring with the Bass Portet ring

Apr 25, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #6,038 of 7,457
Apr 25, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #6,039 of 7,457
Sounds like you're not a fan of the Dekoni :D
No, I'm not a fan of the flimsy magnetic ring in combination with the cheap adhesive that likes to detach from the pad. But I like the Dekoni pad. I sometimes find it strange that they chose the original Diana pads as a source of inspiration and didn't look to the larger V2 pads. But what I like about the Dekoni Pads is that vocals have more weight and everything sounds more intimate due to the smaller soundstage. The new V3 pads, on the other hand, are a lot more open and you get a better picture of the music as a whole. I hope that the bass portet ring will make the sound a little more open with the Dekoni Pads and that the voices will gain even more weight.

And why shouldn't I like Dekoni? They did wonders on my Focal Elex

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #6,040 of 7,457
IMG_4985.jpg

Apr 25, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #6,041 of 7,457
I'm really early in my Honeymoon phase with the Diana but I haven't been enamored with a headphone like this in a super long time.
I'm absolutely thrilled with them. I get the D8000 Pro on Thursday which was from another trade deal.
What a week!

Apr 26, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #6,042 of 7,457
I'm really early in my Honeymoon phase with the Diana but I haven't been enamored with a headphone like this in a super long time.
I'm absolutely thrilled with them. I get the D8000 Pro on Thursday which was from another trade deal.
What a week!

Can't wait for initial impression between Diana and D8k Pro!

Diana V2, personally is the easiest to enjoy among all of Abyss Headphones line up from past to recently. Either from sound character or search the matching the set up.

As much as I like Rosson, I'd take Diana V2 anytime any day. The Rosson is really pretty though!

Apr 26, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #6,043 of 7,457
Can't wait for initial impression between Diana and D8k Pro!

Diana V2, personally is the easiest to enjoy among all of Abyss Headphones line up from past to recently. Either from sound character or search the matching the set up.

As much as I like Rosson, I'd take Diana V2 anytime any day. The Rosson is really pretty though!
Until this week I never thought I'd ever sell the Rosson. Now i'm not so sure.

The Diana's share a lot of the same sonic characteristics, they are a touch less in note weight but are WAAAAY more comfortable. Especially for long sessions.

Even with the Puck strap the RAD-0 is a 90min max headphone for me.

I know Rosson was supposed to launch a new headband system this year so I might hold out until that releases.

Apr 27, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #6,044 of 7,457
I always find it interesting when the mods erase negative leaning posts. A bunch of comments have been removed.

I guess it's nice to know that they'd like to keep the conversation as positive as possible.

Apr 27, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #6,045 of 7,457
I always find it interesting when the mods erase negative leaning posts. A bunch of comments have been removed.

I guess it's nice to know that they'd like to keep the conversation as positive as possible.
I don't mind constructive criticism. If you don't like something explain why. Outright bashing of a product tells our community nothing and benefits no one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back