Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
May 1, 2024 at 7:45 PM Post #7,354 of 7,356
Any impressions of your MR? I see that you’ve had D8K and Expanse, which are similiarly prices cans. How MR compare?
MR vs Final D8000
Diana MR is a rich and smooth headphone, but the D8000 is way more relaxed, apart from the telluric wall of bass it can erect. The Final has a wider stage, but is perceptibly set back in terms of the position of the performers... diffuse mids, more controlled sound. With the MR we have a forward ad vivid midrange, in terms of perceived resolution the MR is a step up.

May 2, 2024 at 8:18 AM Post #7,355 of 7,356
God the Diana V2s are underrated/appreciated. Using them on Holo Bliss/May stack today along with a Danacables Lazuli Nirvana and vegan ported pads, and it's absolutely singing.

Paired with the DHC Chimera cable instead it's an incisive, highly resolving wonder.

On Diana TC, the Chimera has a soundstage that's absolutely insane. Separation on another level. It's also, surprisingly, meatier than the Nirvana. I think there's something about TC's technicalities that just work magic with Chimera.

So far, optimal pairings for me (courtesy of Double Helix Cables' Triple Threat Adapters, thank you Peter!) are:
Abyss 1266 with Lazuli Nirvana (for rock and metal), for everything else from classical to jazz and the rest it's Chimera
Diana V2 with Lazuli Nirvana
Diana TC with DHC Chimera all the way, but the Nirvana is still a HUGE leap up from the stock.
NB: I never heard Dianas with a Superconductor, but owned one for 1266. I found both Nirvana and Chimera significantly better for my preferences, but YMMV.

May 3, 2024 at 8:01 AM Post #7,356 of 7,356

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 12.57.09.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 12.57.09.png
    476.8 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back