Diablo III Character Poll
May 17, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #16 of 76
Diablo II was IMO one of the best games I've ever played. I'm perfectly fine with more of the same. Also...the games were never long. It's about loot they're meant to be played over and over.

Difficulty works just like the first games (gets harder with more people). I think that's fine. You can also make Hardcore characters. It gets really fun then. Easy is never a word I'd use for Diablo.

May 17, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #17 of 76
Sorry but starting from scratches and beating hell difficulty in single player, when your game has been patched to the latest version, is far from an easy contract. I'm taking an average player here, but if you take someone who is entirely new with this game, he will need to re-do Normal difficulty with many characters before understanding the mechanics of the games, the skills, and the items, and getting the mouse and keyboard skills it takes to go handle his character in higher difficulties.

You need both a lot of skill and knowledge to beat the game linearly in one day. Or use a sorceress, but that's a cheap and speedy way.

Seeing how Diablo II was a bigger world and more difficult than Diablo I, I never expected anyone to fully beat the Diablo III in only one night. I still think it's ridiculous, even for the most hardcore players.

When Diablo II's ladder tournament get reset it takes about 3 days for a first player to beat it.

May 24, 2012 at 5:36 AM Post #19 of 76
Monk all the way.

May 24, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #21 of 76
You guys playing Monk or Barb are going to have a rough time when you hit Hell. I have a 53 Monk and am now leveling a DH. I love Monk but jesus christ...I still play it with friends (as I will DH) but soloing is near impossible as a Monk.

May 25, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #22 of 76
I just reached level 30 as a DH and soloing is not much of a problem for me...
Just use a fast firing weapon (1h crossbows are fast) with some attack boosting quiver and such. Use bola shot with the shock rune and you'll be able to stun targets throughout the entire fight. For multiple enemies a spray of the chakra or other shots will easily take care of a mob and this can all be done at safe distances. I used less than 5 potions in my first play through.
On the other hand, the melee characters are at a pretty big disadvantage in some situations.
I've only played monk and DH but I far prefer DH.

May 25, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #23 of 76
My DH is just under yours now but it's hard to go through Normal mode again. It's just no fun because it's absurdly easy.

I like playing Monk more than DH but DH is definitely the more practical choice. I can tell Hell will be much better with a DH.

Quote:
I just reached level 30 as a DH and soloing is not much of a problem for me...
Just use a fast firing weapon (1h crossbows are fast) with some attack boosting quiver and such. Use bola shot with the shock rune and you'll be able to stun targets throughout the entire fight. For multiple enemies a spray of the chakra or other shots will easily take care of a mob and this can all be done at safe distances. I used less than 5 potions in my first play through.
On the other hand, the melee characters are at a pretty big disadvantage in some situations.
I've only played monk and DH but I far prefer DH.

May 25, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #24 of 76
My DH is just under yours now but it's hard to go through Normal mode again. It's just no fun because it's absurdly easy.

I like playing Monk more than DH but DH is definitely the more practical choice. I can tell Hell will be much better with a DH.

Just wait until you get to hell (57 Demon Hunter on act 2), the difficulty ramps up real fast and you'll need to scour the auction house for gear. Also, vitality gear becomes just as important as dex, since DH can only take a few hits, lol. On another note, has anyone else been enjoying the auction house as much as I have, despite the glitches and bugs that have been present since launch?

May 25, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #25 of 76
Just wait until you get to hell (57 Demon Hunter on act 2), the difficulty ramps up real fast and you'll need to scour the auction house for gear. Also, vitality gear becomes just as important as dex, since DH can only take a few hits, lol. On another note, has anyone else been enjoying the auction house as much as I have, despite the glitches and bugs that have been present since launch?

Being a Monk on Hell I imagine I have an.even harder time than your DH. :D

I'm looking forward to a challenge again. Not looking forward to more wallers and jailers though. Ugh.

May 25, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #26 of 76
Quote:
Same here. I've got to about level 40 right now. I'm not regretting it either so far. I did start playing all the other characters as well by now and I must say that witch docter seems fun to play once you get to a higher level.

Yea im 55 right now on hell mode, my next char is going to be mage.

May 25, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #28 of 76
On another note, has anyone else been enjoying the auction house as much as I have, despite the glitches and bugs that have been present since launch?

The AH is OP at the moment in my opinion. There are plenty items on there which are even cheaper than the cost it takes to make them when crafting. That and you can pick exactly what you want. Crafting seems a bit underpowered right now compared to that since the chance of getting an item which I don't really want is too high.

May 25, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #29 of 76
Quote:
Sorry but starting from scratches and beating hell difficulty in single player, when your game has been patched to the latest version, is far from an easy contract. I'm taking an average player here, but if you take someone who is entirely new with this game, he will need to re-do Normal difficulty with many characters before understanding the mechanics of the games, the skills, and the items, and getting the mouse and keyboard skills it takes to go handle his character in higher difficulties.

Game is not complicated to learn, but it is definetly hard to master when things get chaotic. This game is far from easy in those situations. Bosses do not seem to be a big problem for my Barbarian (single player) on Nightmare (which I am in currently, Act 2), but the moment I encounter blue Champions or the unique ones with minions I get screwed hard, OMG.
eek.gif
I kinda wish Blizzard would unnerf the followers a bit, they do next to no damage on higher difficulties and are unable to kill a single enemy, no matter how small one.

Anyway, Barbarian was my first choice like it was in open beta. Demon Hunter was next. Havent really touched others yet as I have my hands full with these two alone...

May 26, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #30 of 76
I'm on hell on my lvl 55 barb in act 2 and I've solo'ed all the way up to where I am now but I am beginning to believe I may need a teammate to carry on in later acts. My barb is a shield-wielding tanking barb w/ little emphasis on str and has 38k life, 68% dr, ignore pain + revenge w/ provocation but despite that, he still gets owned. Especially against those stacks of mini blue bosses that do elemental damage and the ones w/ sledgehammers that hit like tanker trucks w/ each hit knocking me back. Very annoying. It was well more one occasion when I had to run past them b/c I couldn't kill let alone survive. I'd be happy to co-op so shoot me a pm should you be looking for a teammate as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back