Dethonray Pegasus SG1 - BT DAC/Amp Combo
Apr 18, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #409 of 699
Yes I did. As I have both DTR1 and SG1 Gold on hand, and I would say its completely different league in terms of power, the SG1 Gold is better compare with desktop rig rather than DTR1, that's how powerful SG1 Gold is.
The output of gold is more powerful than normal edition. It's hard to imagine that such a small size can drive headphones, and the sound quality is so good.

Apr 19, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #412 of 699
I agree, the gold version is more powerful than Shanling M8, which has around 840 mW.
I was getting similar levels of volume with the Monarch Mk2 at around 50-60% on Turbo gain and the Gold on 30-40%. Amazing.
I am also curious about the output of gold, so I spent some time reading the official promotional info of sg1. The main reason was found to be their unique power design. The gold should not be the limit of output. However, considering battery life and heat generation, it should still be a conservative design.

Apr 22, 2023 at 5:18 AM Post #413 of 699
Anyone getting connection issues. I have gold and when connection works it’s Rock solid. However often have issue where iPhone says it’s connected and I can change tracks but no sound at all. After disconnecting and reconnect a number of times it comes back. Irritating AF..

Apr 22, 2023 at 5:49 AM Post #414 of 699
Anyone getting connection issues. I have gold and when connection works it’s Rock solid. However often have issue where iPhone says it’s connected and I can change tracks but no sound at all. After disconnecting and reconnect a number of times it comes back. Irritating AF..
From my experience this only happens when battery is almost empty!

Apr 22, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #415 of 699
If multiple phones or DAPs have been connected before, it is necessary to press and hold the play/pause button for 6 seconds to clear the connection recording list, otherwise multiple devices will compete and cause this issue.

Apr 22, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #416 of 699
From my experience this only happens when battery is almost empty!
Same. The red light is blinking and usually I turn the device off. It cannot be used anymore without charging. I even hear clicking sound from the earphones. After charging this problem doesn't exist anymore.

Apr 23, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #417 of 699
At what volume is everyone listening on this with? I've been listening with my IE600 and Symphonium Helios, and it sounds lovely. The IE600 drives pretty well, though the Helios seems to struggle to power, sounding pretty quiet even at high gain and max volume on both the DAC and my iPhone. I know the Helios are hard to drive, but surely at max volume and gain it should be quite loud.

I also noticed that both the IE600 and the Helios sound louder through the 3.5mm SE output compared to the 4.4mm balanced output, wondering if this is normal.

Apr 23, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #418 of 699
At what volume is everyone listening on this with? I've been listening with my IE600 and Symphonium Helios, and it sounds lovely. The IE600 drives pretty well, though the Helios seems to struggle to power, sounding pretty quiet even at high gain and max volume on both the DAC and my iPhone. I know the Helios are hard to drive, but surely at max volume and gain it should be quite loud.

I also noticed that both the IE600 and the Helios sound louder through the 3.5mm SE output compared to the 4.4mm balanced output, wondering if this is normal.
Helios are one of these iems that need Pegasus Gold. With Meteors i was listening on 50-60% on High gain on Gold. Standard version is too weak in power.

Apr 23, 2023 at 10:26 PM Post #419 of 699
1682302384003.png

I told Anson in the email that I need something special. lol
When I got it, it was indeed a diamond edition! :beerchug:

Apr 24, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #420 of 699

I use with my ie900 at close to max volume on low gain. I don't want to experiment with high gain when the device is in my pocket. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back