Dethonray Pegasus SG1 - BT DAC/Amp Combo
Apr 7, 2023 at 3:58 AM Post #392 of 699
2022-1018 is for standard edition SG1 and no official gold edition firmware. The golden firmware is customized and not suitable for use on standard SG1 and it is not recommended to use the two interchangeably. You can contact DETHONRAY, service@dethonray.com.
Thanks for the clarification
IMG20230407162224.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #393 of 699
Thanks for sharing your experience
I am still looking for demo to try in hong Kong
As I have concern with the fitment with my ears, as the tender looks quite big in the photos I found online
TENDER is a blind buy after I bought DTR1+, mainly because DTR1+ left a great impression on me. In fact, tenders are also underestimated, mainly due to insufficient promotion. If we talk about the advantages, such as SQ, wearing, and workmanship, they are all at the level of $1000. If we look for a disadvantage, it is low sensitivity and requires a POWERFUL source. When paired with a mediocrity source, the sound stage cannot be fully presented. However, when paired with gold sg1 and DTR1+, the performance is excellent enough. with gold, the low-frequency performance is perfect.

Apr 9, 2023 at 5:21 AM Post #396 of 699
Have you changed the cable for Tender? It looks like a silver cable, has the SQ improved?
This is a customized 4.4 silver cable. The original cable of Tender is 3.5, and the quality is also very good. I haven't compared it carefully. The gold paired with the TENDER is perfect for playing games, watching movies, and the sound stage is great. It's like a headphone connected to a desktop AMP.

Apr 10, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #397 of 699
This is a customized 4.4 silver cable. The original cable of Tender is 3.5, and the quality is also very good. I haven't compared it carefully. The gold paired with the TENDER is perfect for playing games, watching movies, and the sound stage is great. It's like a headphone connected to a desktop AMP.
Some owners stated that the best cable for the tender is the original cable, after comparing it with multiple aftermarket cable.
I guess Anson put in a lot of effort to provide the best companion for the tender, and SG1 Gold serves a good platform for the tender to shine.
However, the only downside is that the original cable is 3.5 jack, but plenty of solution to bypass this problem.

Apr 10, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #398 of 699
Interesting Dac/amp, I’d say it’s very good, but need more time

Attachments

• IMG_6314.jpeg
    IMG_6314.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Apr 12, 2023 at 5:46 AM Post #402 of 699
How does the U-554 sound with the SG1 - have the U-556s and has been wondering if the SG1 should be the next amp/dac as I have moved mainly to BT.
Wow..... I am surprised you spotted the u554, as it wasn't all that common in the community.
Back to your question, I would only recommend u554/556 with the SG1 Gold, as it's quite a demanding iem and it requires sufficient driving capacity to bring out the bass, energy and character. The SG1 gold is my best combo so far, after trying out multiple dap/amp and desktop rig.
As long as you can accept it's flaws.

Apr 13, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #403 of 699
with cayin dust plug for dead port

20230413_100344.jpg

Apr 13, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #404 of 699
Wow..... I am surprised you spotted the u554, as it wasn't all that common in the community.
Back to your question, I would only recommend u554/556 with the SG1 Gold, as it's quite a demanding iem and it requires sufficient driving capacity to bring out the bass, energy and character. The SG1 gold is my best combo so far, after trying out multiple dap/amp and desktop rig.
As long as you can accept it's flaws.
Have you compared DTR1 with gold? Is gold more powerful than DTR1?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back