Dethonray Honey H1 - USB DAC/AMP
Jul 6, 2020 at 6:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,004

F700

Headphoneus Supremus
Dethonray is about to release the Honey H1, a portable USB DAC/AMP with 3.5mm, 4.4mm, LO and optical output.

Technical data follow...

Screenshot_2020-07-06-11-47-30-844_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite_resize_65.jpg

Honey1~2.jpg

Jul 6, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #2 of 1,004
According to Anson (Dethonray's CEO), the Honey H1 will be more powerful than the DTR1 and will drive a Senn HD 650 with ease.

Release date: August 2020

Jul 6, 2020 at 6:33 AM Post #4 of 1,004
Hope to be better than Ha2, because I don't like a dac / amp hybrid design
You can trust Anson for taking good care of the power section. HA-2 is a fantastic amp, at any price point.

Jul 6, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #6 of 1,004
Looks - like every Dethonray product - very good! Do you know the price already?
I don't know the price unfortunately. I come back to you asap with the info. Don't expect something under USD 300.- though.

Jul 6, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #7 of 1,004
Dethonray is about to release the Honey H1, a portable USB DAC/AMP with 3.5mm, 4.4mm, LO and optical output.

Technical data follow...

Good scoop!

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #9 of 1,004
Very good scoop, maybe it will be a DTR-1 with the HA-2, all in one set ?
[/QUOTE
Dac and amp under the same chassis, but you still need a source. I am curious about the performance level. Anson never disappoints (so far)

Jul 6, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #11 of 1,004
I do wish the "line in" could have been on the same side of the output jacks (similar to the HDA-HA2 amp). makes stacking a transport neater instead of cables dangling out from both ends of the dac/amp. The Honey H1 design seems to work more as a home dac/amp than something to stack and carry outside

Technical data follow...

Jul 6, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #12 of 1,004
I do wish the "line in" could have been on the same side of the output jacks (similar to the HDA-HA2 amp). makes stacking a transport neater instead of cables dangling out from both ends of the dac/amp. The Honey H1 design seems to work more as a home dac/amp than something to stack and carry outside
Good observation

Jul 7, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #13 of 1,004
This is a bit odd-as a USB dac/amp, it is not related to the DTR-1 at all, since there is no digital out from the DTR-1. You could use it as an external amp, of course, but then it makes more sense just to get the HA-2. This is more aimed at desktop use, for your PC. It would be tempting, but I'm already waiting on a CEntrance HI-FI M8 V2.

Jul 7, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #14 of 1,004
This is a bit odd-as a USB dac/amp, it is not related to the DTR-1 at all, since there is no digital out from the DTR-1. You could use it as an external amp, of course, but then it makes more sense just to get the HA-2. This is more aimed at desktop use, for your PC. It would be tempting, but I'm already waiting on a CEntrance HI-FI M8 V2.
Honey H1 is not meant to be related to the DTR1. On the contrary actually.

It works if your source is a smartphone, not my case, but more and more people use their streaming platform to listen to music.

DTR1 + HA-2 = supercharged DAP

Phone + Honey H1 = Streaming platform on steroids

It will be a direct concurrent of the FiiO Q5s

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #15 of 1,004
Yup. Same thoughts.

The design of Honey H1, i'm assuming based on its footprint, is also meant to stack with a smartphone (acting as the transport).
USB-C port of the phone at the bottom, would link to the digital input side, while the other end is the headphone output. Makes the stack look like cables spilling out from all sides.

If the design could be done similar to how the HDA-HA2 was done, it would be ideal (at least for me).

Just thinking from a user experience perspective after stacking for a while.

Honey H1 is not meant to be related to the DTR1. On the contrary actually.

It works if your source is a smartphone, not my case, but more and more people use their streaming platform to listen to music.

DTR1 + HA-2 = supercharged DAP

Phone + Honey H1 = Streaming platform on steroids

It will be a direct concurrent of the FiiO Q5s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back